Author Topic: concern...  (Read 2871 times)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
so my ps told me he will excise the gland/tissue out.. i called the hospital today to regioster. they told me im booked for 'bilateral liposuction of chest'... does this raise a concern for me? as he mentioned it willl be lipo and excision , both?

thnkuu all...
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
any ideas? thx... im freakin nervous.... very nervous.. i hope i will be ok.....

Offline unleash

• Posting Member
  • I wish.....damn Gyne
Where are you doin the surgery??
We Are What WE Do.
    Our Deeds Make The Man Within Us.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's always possible for stuff to get lost in translation through staff, but i wouldn't be shy about asking, either with a quick call or onsite pre-op if you're getting there soon.  always look out for #1, you can't always rely on everyone else. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
take it  really slow man dont rush into things, call up ur ps, you are paying for this, they are not doing a favor. so back out if he doesn't  stand with his word. by the way who is ur ps? good luck.

Offline desi

• Gold Member

he mentioned a lot of tmes during pre-op consult, that excision is necessary in order to avoid revisions. he said he prefers to get the tissue out while he is still there.....he has a free rev policy though... and i spoke with on eof his past patients over the phone.. he did not know much abt what was done, but he is happy...

maybe im nervous? when i asked his secrtary, whether there have been instances where he has not done excision, his secretary told me "he has never not done it".....he always has to get the hard tissue out...even the dr said that the tissue is rubbery which cant come out with lipo, it has to be cut out... as per his method, he will do lipo first and then cut the tissue out...

im concerned becoz the chart does not say 'gynecmastia' ...

maybe im thinkin too  much... pre-op jitters??

sorry for the rambling guys, few more days....

o bythe way, he gave me some prescriptions, so if i go to CVS and get the medicines, will they able to tell me which medicine to take how many times a day?

thx guys..
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 11:37:18 PM by desi »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I'd be really concerned it your chart said you're going to have "gynoplasty" which is the removal of a woman's reproductive organs.  ;D

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
if you live in Virginia, why aren't you going for dr bermant?   just curious...

Offline desi

• Gold Member
he is 2 hrs away and expensive..way out of my budget

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
2 hours drive is a piece of cake dude, im gonna travel from Chicago to Virginia, and bermant charges anywhere between 5 to 7 grand depending on your case, which i dont think is extreme considering its your health at stake.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i just checked, the chart he gave me says 'gyncomastia'.. im still not sure abt the hospital chart... will call them and ask tomorow..i asked him and he said he will do excision... so im cool now... 10 more days to go...its listed that way becoz most of the job is lipo.. so i think i will just take some chil pill and relax.. will keep u posted guys...somehow, i have a good feeling abt this doc.. its just mymind is so skeptical abt things.. i hope this gets over soon... :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 11:40:27 PM by desi »

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i spoke with the hospital folks, they said the procedur is 'bil lipo of chest and exc of gyne'... i guess that other day, the lady read half of what was writtenn.... wish me luck guys....:)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024