Author Topic: Activity Rate Post-Op Surgery  (Read 2557 times)

Offline reese84

• Posting Member
Hey! I'm new to the site and think it's the best thing i've seen since researching about my gyne. I am 23 years old and have had gyne probaly since I was 12 or 13. My story is just like everyone elses from dreading taking off my shirt infront of others to putting tape on my chest to try to hide it. In the past few years I've been working out and watching what I eat to try to get rid of it but it's still here. I'm having my surgery February 8 and I am really excited!

I have two question I would like to hear others comment on that have already had the surgery.

1. I know after the surgery I am going to have to wait a while before I can workout my chest again. How long does it take to really get back to your normal life? I was told wait 6 weeks before I start working out my chest again.

2. I get in the tanning bed maybe 2 or 3 times a week and was wondering how long I need to wait to do that again as well.

Again this site is great. I look forward to my new life without gyne. I'll post some before and after pictures to let everyone see my results. God Bless!

Offline flex1appeal

Depending on the person, you should be ok to work out again 3-4 weeks post op. It takes a good few months to really fully recover as far as appearance goes(i.e. scar tissue, bruising, swelling, skin retraction, etc...)

As for tanning, that depends on how comfortable you are post op. I probably would wait at least until the bruising is gone down. So maybe 2 weeks. But technically, you could go same day you get off the table. Don't know why you would?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I get in the tanning bed maybe 2 or 3 times a week and was wondering how long I need to wait to do that again as well.

IMO, you should wait until your incisions are 'fully' healed before returning to the tanning bed.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery dude...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Here are week by week instructions from a workout-minded PS.  It was added to the site by Merle several months ago.  There's a link to this on the site home page but for your convenience just click here: http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/general/pwo.shtml
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
My PS told me that I should wait AT LEAST 6 weeks before I start doing any activities involving my upper body, especially the chest.  I think this is a small price to pay for what you get at the end!
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024