Author Topic: Does anyone accept their Gyno and wear a BRA  (Read 9215 times)

Offline geno

• Posting Member
So is there anyone out there who accepts their gyno and has chose to wear a bra for support instead of a compression vest to hid e their breast?  I would love to hear from you ASAP!

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bras are for Girls...

But then.... to each his own I guess.

John.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 06:04:03 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline rcbrown23

Believe it or not, this has been discussed many times before, and the fact is that some men have a pretty severe case of gynecomastia and say, "Fukk it, the bra helps and I'm going to wear it". Nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion...whatever helps untill you can get the problem resolved. Hell, people are always talking about using tape to tape down thier nips. No difference. Some cases are bad enough to have a "C" cup. So, be happy your problem isn't that bad - if it is...start saving your money.

Do a search on "bra" and you should come up with something. It's been awhile since I remember seeing the thread about it, but I know there's a couple out there that had a big response rate.

-Brown

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As Brown said, This is a real hot button here and lots of the guys go balistic at the mere suggestion of a bra.

Personally, I am thankful that I do not need one. I have been living with gynecomastia since 11 - 12 years old, now age 67.  Male breast reduction surgery was not available when I was young though it is common now.

Most of the guys who wouldn't really need a bra would reject the idea right off.  There are a small number of people who are not good surgical candidates or who have elected to cope with their Gynecomastia.  Of that group, there is a small number who have breasts large enough that a bra is needful for comfort.

Some men who cope with their gynecomastia find that a woman's sport bra help conceal the breasts just as well as some of the vests, at a lower price.

If it is a matter of comfort or concealment, wear one and don't take any crap over the issue.

Most important, keep a good attitude.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 07:23:29 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
it sounds disastrous when someone notices the bra.  :o
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Yes.  jasonbecker wears a bra, but only on special occasions.

Bra's lift and accentuate the breasts.  I don't think a man who's trying to hide his breasts will be wearing a bra.  I do suppose there is a small, and I mean very small percentage of guys with gyne who will wear a traditional bra, but only on special occasions (whatever the hell that means!)

I sense this question was not asked as innocently as others might suspect.  >:(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 07:32:45 PM by jc71 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
well said.  i think for some of them though it's just necessity, though i'd picture the compression kind if not the vest.  but agree with jc this sounds more like somebody out for t*tillation (yes, pun) rather than (yes, pun again) support.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
HHH,

I suspect you are right, but I tried for a serious answer just in case it was a sincere question.

Offline geno

• Posting Member
Is there anyone out there that a compression vest is very uncomfortable because their gyno breast are so laarge like a c+ d cup and it smashes them to much?  As for it being a thill or getting off on it that is a buch of SHIT >:(, unsupported c+ d cup gyno breast hurt :'( ! Also as for concealing them when they are that large a comprression vest/sports bra/body armor isn't very much help, and as stated their are some people that surgery isn't right because of health or finances!

Offline johnri60626

• Posting Member
I'm presently a "B" cup, by size definition, but 'm okay. I look around and see guys that aren't even aware they have gyne, and they're bigger than me.

I don't see any reason to have a doctor cut on me to make me feel better about myself. I have done enough in my life, so far, that a bit of breast tissue is a non-issue. All I needed was to put a name to what was going on.

Would I wear a bra? Probably, if I needed one to keep me comfortable.

My glands are actually fairly hard, not like any woman's breast I have ever felt. When I roll over in my sleep, I roll on them and wake up. I am still not used to it yet, and maybe I won't have to get used to it. It may go away on it's own. I see an endocrinologist next month
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 03:25:10 PM by johnri60626 »

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
Recently Discovery Health had a show called "Men with breasts." The last guy featured on the show was quite proud of his breasts and he was wearing a bra.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
That's true and he had a girlfriend and was considering marriage. Like most media, they have to show the extremes.  That guy decided against surgery and did wear a "traditional" bra, but he is very much not the norm.  He's a good example that one can be happy (assuming he is) despite having gyne.

Offline johnri60626

• Posting Member
Recently Discovery Health had a show called "Men with breasts." The last guy featured on the show was quite proud of his breasts and he was wearing a bra.

If you were listening, one of those guys on that show, founded this support group.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024