Author Topic: so... i now find that effexor probably is what caused my gynecomastia....  (Read 3400 times)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
don't know, but i'd assume they put in a disclaimer about potential side effects, which would most of the time be enough legally to cover themselves. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline kingboob

Effexor, I think is called Efexor / Venlafaxine here in the UK.. is a nasty little drug.

Probably one of the worst modern anti-depressants IMO (and I have tried a few), certainly the worst discontinuation syndrome of an antidepressant.

I took this drug a few years back (stopped over a year ago now) to help with some serious problems, since then I have had (and continue to have) a whole host of problems with dizzyness on standing, palpitations, high blood pressure / low blood pressure / iregular heart beat... etc etc.    coincidence??? I think not.

It would not surprise me one bit if it could cause gyno or make it worse..... This stuff is nasty stuff and really no where near enough is known about the side effects of this class of drugs......

Sure, believe the drug companys when they tell you it is safe if you like, but you only have to look at what is going on with the law suits surrouding Prozac and Seroxat to see that something is very very wrong.

Ok, not sure if you can get the drug makes to pay up or not, because of all the legal disclaimers they put in the packet with the pills - but morally, if your problem only started when you took the drug they should pay up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024