Author Topic: what is a fat flap?  (Read 1743 times)

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
did anyone get a fat flap, how does it work? just curious i might be needing one i guess.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
bermant alludes to it, don't know how much he'd detail it, but in general terms it's taking tissue from around the removal area and trying to form it to fill the gap.  i'd assume you'd leave as much continuity for blood flow, makes you wonder if it involves carving a slice and folding it over rather than pulling it out. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...makes you wonder if it involves carving a slice and folding it over rather than pulling it out. 

That's the way I understand it.  Dr. Bermant has a graphic somewhere on his site that shows it pretty well.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

DrBermant

did anyone get a fat flap, how does it work? just curious i might be needing one i guess.

A Fat Flap is a phrase I developed to describe the movement of local fat, with a blood supply, into the defect for sculpture.  This is different than a Fat Graft that has no attached blood supply, low survival rate, and tends to look just horrible with animation in most cases.  Fat flaps tend to remain much softer and move better.  This Fat Flap is but one element in my artist's pallet of surgical tool I call my Dynamic Technique that adapts to what I find during surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024