Author Topic: Dr Bermant or Local PS  (Read 2304 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Everyone keeps saying how great Dr. Bermant is as a surgeon. I have already had one botched job by a local PS. I have consulted with another PS in the area and feel comfortable with his technique ;however, you never know if the surgeon is going to get the results you expect. Do you think its worth it to take another chance with a local PS or would you just go to Dr. Bermant. I'm confused!!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
how does he rate for experience? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Jologs1, to answer your question. My local PS says he does about 2-3 per month. Yes, he has before and after pictures; however, he only has 2 posted on his website. I asked him , why not more, he said most of his patients don't want there picture up.

Headheldhigh01, what do you mean how does he rate for experience?

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
go with Bermant

Offline fff

• Posting Member
I have the same problem. I would go with the nonlocal PS, but it's so hard for me to tell my family not only that I need a cosmetic surgery, but that I have to travel to another state to have it. The locals don't have many pictures, so how can I tell who is good at it? I guess at the end I will try lipo only with one of them and see what happens.

Offline headheldhigh01

Headheldhigh01, what do you mean how does he rate for experience?
how many gyne ops has he done or does he do in a month?  if it's just a couple a year, go with somebody else.  bermant's extremely experienced, though there are also other experienced people out there too.  if local means a general surgeon in a town of 15,000 i would say no, but a really good ps or someone at a major medical center who knows gyne might be a different story.  you'd have to know more about the person.  i admit i'm biased away from doing the local though. 

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
If you've already had a less than impressive surgery done with a local, why risk it again ??? Hell, why even consider it ???

It's a no brainer in my book... You might as well go with one of the best...

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Headheldhigh, the new PS does about 2-3 per mth. I live in the Tampa Bay Area. When I say local, the tampa bay area is a little over a million people. There are 100's of plastic surgeons in the area...

Offline headheldhigh01

hmm, that's not that many.  if you're okay with his technique AND you're impressed with things like testimonials and before/after pics AND he says he's done cleanup after other people's botch-ups, then that might be one thing.  but if he's just comparable in price with someone more gyne-focused or experienced like bermant, then like i was hinting, i'd probably go for the experience. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024