Author Topic: Excision Only?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Here are my pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8482.0.html

Had consult today, doctor told me it would be best if we did excision only.  I can feel the gland and it's about the size of a quarter, but there's some fat around it that I want gone as well.  Opinions?

I'm going to see a second PS for a consult on March 21st, I guess I'll see what he says too.  I'm worried if they do excision only that I won't have the results I want.  I didn't want to go against what the doctor said as he is the expert... kinda bummed out tho.

Any replies welcomed.  Thanks.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...I'm worried if they do excision only that I won't have the results I want.  I didn't want to go against what the doctor said as he is the expert... kinda bummed out tho.

Any replies welcomed.  Thanks.

I think your concerns are justified.  Get the second opinion.  If that doesn't satisfy you, go for a third, etc. 
I personally wouldn't let a surgeon have the job if he said up front that he's definitely only going to do gland excision. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 12:10:07 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I see your concern.  In some pics it looks like maybe you can get away with excision only and others looks like you'll need lipo.

It's funny, usually guys complain that their PS only wants to do lipo and not excision.  I agree, you should get at least a 2nd opinion and maybe a 3rd.

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Sounds good, thanks for the advice guys.  I am seeing an other one on March 21st, so we'll see what he says.  I know there's fat there that needs to be sucked out...  I'm actually gonna ask the same doc if he'd consider lipo once he gets in there and takes a look.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024