Author Topic: Surgery on Friday  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Chasem

Hi Guys,

Well the doctor’s office phoned me up at work today, they bumped the surgery date to this Friday.

I am a little concerned however, my surgeon will not do the excision and lipo at the same time.

I basically have to choose either lipo or excision. From what I understand excision seems to actually fix the problem, whereas lipo is just a temporary fix.

I was 230 pounds at 31% body fat 8 months ago; I’m now at 172 pounds 17% body fat. Working out daily and totally willing to loose more % body fat if need be.

My doctor told me she would do lipo or excision based upon the composition of the breast, and which would be best. I think I could sway her either way though.

Also, OHIP is paying for it!  :)

-UPDATE-

Well I had my surgery, the whole process at the hospital was as smooth as I could have asked for. The Etobicoke general hospital staff were very friendly.

I just took the doctors advice and let her work her magic.

She ended up doing just Lipo I believe (I didn't get to talk to her after the surgery). She actually entered under my armpit so there is absolutely no scarring around my nipples and the chest. The cuts under the armpit are still very small so I don't think you would notice anyways. I'm still a little baffled at how the whole process worked out. I am at 17% body fat, so I assumed the composition of my breast was mostly glandular. I guess I was wrong, because I look pretty flat now ;)

I'll get the whole scoop from the doctor in 2 weeks with the followup  :)

Here are some pictures of me PREOP.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:32:21 PM by Chasem »

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I'd urge you to go with excision.  You're nipples are like mine were before the surgery, and I had plenty of gland behind them.  Anyway you can get a second opinion from another doc?  Or is this the only one that OHIP will cover?

Offline Chasem

From what I understand its only covered if you are refered from a general practitioner. (which I was) to this Doctor.

Offline IT'S_Gone

• Posting Member
ya man you look exactly like i did when i woke up today, i had my operation and now i have bandages and drains but its all worth it ur going to love ur new self :D and u have nothing to be concerned about man, just take the dr's advice as to what they should do

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I find it difficult to understand why both tools couldn't be used while she's in there doing it.  Why make it twice as difficult for you by having two surgeries when most PS's would use all the tools necessary the first time?  I believe I would press a little harder with the PS to get a reasonable answer to that question.
I would also call the referring doctor today and see if there's a different PS you could be referred to.  Surgery and recovery is a BIG deal and a trauma to your body and doing it twice just for the PS's sh**s and giggles doesn't make good sense to me.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Chasem

thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it.

Going to go talk to my PS today.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
well she's right that the technique might depend on composition, but they're right that a lot of people who've had lipo only have been unhappy and had to go back for excision, so keep that in mind. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
from what i remember, my doctor has a book and it was told there that it would be best to have lipo first then after 6months, excision, in case there is still gland in it. the reason stated in the book is to avoid saucer deformity as much as possible. but i dont know if its true since im not a plastic surgeon. lol

in my own opinion, i think you should have an excision.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024