Author Topic: I dont want to sound sexist..  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Mikecosta

• Bronze Member
But I feel a bit.. reluctent on whether a women plastic surgeon would do as good of a job as a male surgeon.

I know I know , it sounds idiotic but I am now leaning towards talking with a women surgeon about my gyno.

here is her website
http://www.plasticsurgery.org/md/cplamondon.htm
her secretary seemed reallly nice and the surgeon looks really qualified to to the job. Her price range is 5000 to 5500

this is the other surgeon that I may go to instead.
His price is 4700+
http://www.plasticsurgeryri.com/

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/md/drtompls.htm

I dont want to spend 120 dollars twice for the two counsoltations  :-[
What are your opinions on if you had to choose between the two , what one would you choose?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:38:58 PM by Mikecosta »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Let me ask you this dude....

Do you think a male doc who is performing breast augmentation on a woman will do 'less' of a job than that of a female doc just because he is 'Male'?   ::)

Don't be so narrow minded my man!

As jologs1 said, "male or female ps doesn't really matter, it's their experience and skills on gyne procedure that matters."

However.... the choice is yours dude. If you don't 'feel' comfortable with a female surgeon, then you know what you need to do.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Ask yourself this:

Would you rather end up with a chest that a woman thinks looks good, or one that a man thinks looks good?

;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
this comes up occasionally.  while i like mr nip's theory, i'll just comment that based on what people post here they seem to have the reverse experience, that men surgeon's seem to be more particular about flatness than the women.  before everyone goes trying to crucify me as a pig etc, i'll repeat what i said last time:  it has nothing to do with the abilities of women as surgeons, i get the impression it may be just an overall, statistical sensitivity thing.  there are probably women surgeons who do the op just fine all the time, just as there are some men who leave patients unsatisfied with final results.  i'm only saying that that has been the theme in the comments i've seen by people before, they did not feel that gyne was taken as seriously overall.  there i've said it, now i'll put on the asbestos suit for the pc flaming, i can deal with it  ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024