Author Topic: Please help.... :(  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Skribble

I have a quick question. I am 20 years old, i weight 265, and im 6'4. I have ALOT of stretch marks on my belly and chest. I think i also have gyne. I plan on losing weight before i start looking around for a PS but im wondering how im going to look when i lose weight... id rather be a fat person that looks quasi-normal than a skinny person with moobs. But i cant even be sure i have gyne yet since im still over-weight. Are there some kind of signs that will tell me if its gyne or just fat? If i rub my breasts it feels like there is some kind of hard mass that feels like muscle but it also feels somewhat squishy. If i rub my biscep it feels the same as my breast. If there are any tell-tale signs of gyne please let me know. Also, another question: because i have stretch marks, does that mean that my elasticity is gone and if i lose the weight my skin wont snap back? I want to lose around 65 pounds and end up at 200, but im scared of how my skin is going to look. Then ill have to get surgery for my moobs(if i have them) and the lose skin... staying fat and feeling like shit seem alot easier and far less costly. Please help. :-\ :'(

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You're right there dude....  a skinny guy with m(o)(o)bs looks very odd. Been there done that!

Here's what you've got to do my man....  Join a gym and exercise at least 3x a week. Cardio and resistance training. Join a program such as Weight Watchers (it really does work!) and follow the program. Get down to about 210/200 lbs and then consider corrective action for your gyne.

No. Having stretch marks does not mean that your skin has lost its elasticity. Your skin has the ability to expand and contract. When you expand the skin beyond its limit, it tears. As a result, you get a stretch mark scar. When you lose weight, your skin will contract. Using a balloon as an example... If you put too much air into the balloon and stretch it beyond its limit, you will see it start to tear (stretch marks). If you let the air out, it will shrink back close to its original size. Your skin is very similar to the balloon.

Have you posted any pics?

What country do you live?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Skribble

thanks for the reply GB  :D, i live in the usa- texas. I havent posted any pics yet.. but im thinking about it. I started doing cardio already. I jog on my treadmill 2-3 hours a day, everyday. And i play a game called DDR, its a dancing game. Not sure if anyone here has heard of it :P. Im on a pretty strict diet also. I cant even remember what i looked like when i was skinny... i've been fat all my life and im kind of scared of getting thin, i can just imagin all this loose skin everywhere and my chest sticking out too far. What kind of weight training should i be doing? Should i do body-weight push-ups? I heared that benching and push-ups make the problem more noticible(sp?).

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Hi Skribble

Just read that your doing 2-3 hours a day of cardio?! That is a hell of a lot and not necessary. Cut that cardio down to about 40 minutes a day with a bit of weights and your still doing enough. I understand you want fast results but you wont do yourself any favours with 2-3 hours. That much cardio will start to burn muscle and not fat so altho you will see an intial drop in weight, it wont be all fat. I cant strongly recommend enough that you read this article:

http://forums.menshealth.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/295109121/m/474106321?source=rodale

Everything he says is bang on EXCEPT the Excercise in my opinion, yeh weights are good but cardio will bring out fast results. I have heard the best results is walking at a brisk pace and every minute increase the speed, then when you've reached a certain target set before your cardio, you bring it back down to the brisk walk and continue to increase. This is shocking the body and it doesnt have time to settle with what your doing. Hopefully what i have said makes sense and is useful, im never can get down what i want to say in words!

Perhaps buy a Mens Health or Mens Fitness magazine for workouts, they usually always have a fat loss section. The main muscles you want to workout are your cores and if you are to bench press, i think a decline bench is best as it works your upper pecs and slightly reduces the sticky out bit of the boobs but i wudnt recommend it! Hope this helps

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024