Author Topic: compression vest and ice pack  (Read 4428 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Hi guys!! Just had my 2nd surgery today, no drains this time ???, is this normal. Also, I was told to put ice on the area for 30min and off 30 minutes. Do you think this means on top of vest? The Dr. said it came out great, we will see on Tuesday. I will post pictures. I have been talking with you guys for a few mths. I am the guy who had surgery 8mths ago and still puffy. The Dr said on pretty flat now, he said there was still gland puffing out. I hope it's all taken care of this time. It just seems to good to be true. It's a waiting game now.  :o

Offline r2ds

• Posting Member
grats you sound a lot better, take off vest, thin clothe, or a paper towel between ice pack and chest, 20 -25 minutes 2 times a day, do not apply ice pack directly to skin, and no longer than 25 minutes, probably for 3 to 4 days, depends on amount of swelling, good luck

Offline bamagyno

• Bronze Member
  • my lovely lady lumps... ARE GONE!
I don't think my doc said anything about using ice! does it help the swelling go down faster? i'm 11 days post op and there is still some swelling. the compression vest is making my nips sore because of the chaffing and the stitches are poking in my skin every once in a while... is that too much whining for one post?  ;)
"I don't want to die without any scars..." Brad Pitt (Fight Club)

DrBermant

Hi guys!! Just had my 2nd surgery today, no drains this time ???, is this normal. Also, I was told to put ice on the area for 30min and off 30 minutes. Do you think this means on top of vest? The Dr. said it came out great, we will see on Tuesday. I will post pictures. I have been talking with you guys for a few mths. I am the guy who had surgery 8mths ago and still puffy. The Dr said on pretty flat now, he said there was still gland puffing out. I hope it's all taken care of this time. It just seems to good to be true. It's a waiting game now.  :o

These are questions you should be directing to your own doctor.  My patients do not use ice to achieve the typical swelling and bruising for my sculpture.  Actually, the ice would be dangerous for my patients.

Swelling and bruising after surgery depend on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

You can see other examples of early resuts:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compaired to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:37:00 PM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024