Author Topic: Compression vest tightness  (Read 2839 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
My compression vest seems to tight. How tight is too tight? I am getting red marks underneath my arms and on the bottom of vest. Seems too constricting!! Do you think having it too tight is a bad thing? ???

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
how many days post op are u?  if you're one to four days, thats what mine was like...sore.  loosen the velcro over shoulders if u can.  after 4 days, it shud ease up.  if still too tight, maybe you need a bigger size. 

DrBermant

My compression vest seems to tight. How tight is too tight? I am getting red marks underneath my arms and on the bottom of vest. Seems too constricting!! Do you think having it too tight is a bad thing? ???
The After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest can be a powerful tool for recovery, but it can cause problems such as too much pressure that compromises the blood supply to tissue.

The tightness of the Stage One After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest and

Stage Two After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest can be so important, I prefer to fit each of my own patients myself before surgery.  It is rare that I vary from my initial fitting.  Such questions should be directed to your own doctor.

For Non-Surgical Body Conturing and Compression, you are not dealing with compromsed tissues and the fit is less critical.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline gynogone

• Bronze Member
How tight is it supposed to be?

I was just told "snug".

AFter a day sitting down though it kind of cuts into me.  Taking it off the tissue fills with blood and that alone kind of hurts.

Maybe it should be so loose that you barely notice it.

I wear mine over a t-shirt but it still chafes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024