Author Topic: Surgery soon... need advice  (Read 2024 times)

Offline generic

This is my first post on this website and im have surgery to remove the hard tissue under my nipple in a couple of days. Im 15 and in good shape-- 5 foot 10 160 pounds.I am anxious in what to expect. Would a week be enough to recover without anyone noticing? If anyone can fill me in with some info it would put my mind at ease.

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
I had my surgery on a Wednesday. By the following Monday I was ready to go to work. After the surgery you’ll most likely have to wear a compression vest for up to 8 weeks but it’s unnoticeable under clothes.

Offline ModFive

• Posting Member
Generic: you are a bit young for someone doing this surgery.  Sometimes the gyne clears up at around 17 or so if it is not too bad.  But, if your doctors and you think this is best, perhaps it is too.

Anyways I have a few questions:

1. Have you seen an endocrinologist? If you have not, you should.  Get their recommendation.  For all we know you have a estrogen inhibiting tumor in your testicle that causes the gyne.  It may be late puberty, who knows!

2. Do you have any pictures?  If you are only 15 and have a mild case, you may want to re-think the surgery or just get opinions from some of the people on this board.  And they generally need images.

3. You should not worry about any one else.  Even if you are just 15.  You can make up a lie if you need to.  A good excuse for a compression vest is that you broke a couple ribs.  If you get your parents to go along with the story it can even make you look cool.  I.E. I tried to drive my brothers motorcycle and ended up in a ditch!

Either way man, peace be with ya.  I am 26 and just starting the process of seeing doctors.  They told me when I was 15 that it would go away.  It did'nt :p.  I sure wish I would have had it cleared up at 16 or 17.  So do what is best for you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024