Author Topic: Anybody with Areola Reduction  (Read 4466 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Hi all!! I had Areola reduction with Donut procedure. Can someone tell me what to expect during the healing process. I have notice my areola's are real dry and hard/crusty. Is this normal? Anybody input on this would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to call the PS all the time worrying about something that's normal. Thanks ???

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
is he going to leave sutures in? hopefully, because once the stitches comeout it may look puffy again. thats what happened to mine. im seeing my PS again on monday, and i am REALLy hoping he will allow me to do another surgery (4th!!!) cause it looked great with stitches in, then he took them out and POOF, loose, hanging nips again

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I had my nipples graphted back on.  It was a bad case and they needed to remove the nipple.  When they do that, it reduces the size a little so basically its an areola reduction as well.  At first they were very flat, dark black, and would flake off chunks of scab tissue.  A few weeks later they were fine.  Right after surgery they looked tiny.  Now, they look slighty smaller than pre op, but not puffy anymore.  Hope this helped.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Well, it's kind of hard to tell. I had my stiches removed a week ago but the steri strips were back on. They are still really flat. My PS said that if my areola was going to fall off it would of within the first week. I'm 2 weeks post op, I guess I'm just freaking out. Thanks for the info!! By the way, my areolas are not black but not original color. Kinda brown, crusty, and really dry looking. Normal? ???

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
My Post op is 3/23 (1 mth post op), I will have a before and after photo at that time. I will post then. I would post now but I don't have a digital camera!!

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I was told not to let it dry off.  My doctor told me to buy a tube of neosporin and apply it twice a day.  Be careful, You'll want to cover it otherwise it's gonna stain your shirt.  I ruined 4 t-shirts.  Stupid me.

DrBermant

Hi all!! I had Areola reduction with Donut procedure. Can someone tell me what to expect during the healing process. I have notice my areola's are real dry and hard/crusty. Is this normal? Anybody input on this would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to call the PS all the time worrying about something that's normal. Thanks ???

Areola Reduction Surgery can have many risks and problems better discussed during a consultation after an evaluation.  There are many techniques to tighten the skin and remove areola, each has their own compromises.

Warning Graphing During Gynecomastia Areola Reduction Surgery Pictures

You can see actual pictures during a  Revision Donut Mastopexy Areola Reduction Surgery here

Photographs during surgery to reduce big areola continue here. and there are more Pictures during surgery to reduce male areola here.

Just sculpting under the areola can result in smaller diameters, but it is in the projection or "puffiness" of the areola that sculpture behind excels.  Check out the many before after pictures of this

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery
Male Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery
and
Nipple Areola Reduced Gallery.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024