Author Topic: Back pain after surgery??  (Read 4030 times)

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Hi all,

I am 4 days post op and my freakin back is killing me.  My upper back is in so much pain it ain't funny.  Is this normal?  Is the compression vest causing this?  What can I do about it?  I had to take some Vicodin last night at 3AM because it was just too painful and I couldn't sleep.

Help!

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
GO GET THE PUNANNI BRO ...

and i dont know if its normal... lol

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
The vest kills my back.  It did the first time and also after the revision.  You may want to ask your PS about switching over to a compression t-shirt like the Underworks 998.  That ended my back pain. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply Mr. Nip.  I was suspect of the vest causing the pain, but thanks for confirming it.  I've been taking Vicodin every 4 hours to get rid of the back pain. It works and I feel good.  Vest is coming off on Wednesday so two more days of pain and no shower.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i had the same problem... i just kept thinkin this is nothin compared to the pain i have been thru all my life living with gyne...
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
I agree with you on that Desi.  The back pain has been rough, but the excitement of finally have a flat chest has made dealing with the back problem bearable.

Desi...Have you walked around other people without a shirt yet?  Gone swimming?  I can't wait until I can do those things... :)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
no not yet, still too early for me,... im takin it easy..im 32 days post op now...i remove the vest in the evenings for about 1-2 hrs, then wear it back.

i dont have much pain, just some swelling... can i start workin out my abs and legs at least??

thx all

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Wow...32 days post op and still wearing the vest religiously? I don't know if I can go that long....

I read in another read that you are not even sleeping on your stomach yet.....

I'm 6 days post op and I can't take sleeping on my back any longer.....I can't sleep...

sucks...

I have been peeking at my chest and it looks very flat.  Does it get swollen after the 1st week?  I've read guys who say their chests are all swollen and puffy after surgery and then weeks/months later the swelling goes down.  Mine seems flat now.  Am I missing something?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024