Author Topic: Credentials???  (Read 1573 times)

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Hello everyone. I am new to this site (4 days) and am heading in for consultation on the 8th. I appreciate the knowledge that I have gained since. I have a question concerning credentials. I am planning to see Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb in Seattle. His website stated that he taught (was on faculty) at the University of Washington. Does that mean that he probably knows what he is talking about? I know that another member had a consultation with him and he said that he seemed okay but he wasn't really feelin' him. I guess I'll find out soon. Any info. is appreciated.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
The proof is in the pudding, as they say.  Ask how many gynecomastia surgeries he does and ask to see before and after pictures.  Where somebody went to school or worked on faculty can show that they are good at class work, but means relatively little compared to experience with gyne.

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
How many does a good surgeon usually perform per year?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Most people will tell you at least 50-100 surgeries; however, my PS only does 2/mth and he did an excellent job. It really depends on the skill of the surgeon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024