Author Topic: Purse-string sutures Areola  (Read 4568 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I had a donut procedure which reduced the size of the areola and removed excess skin. I have read that the areola can widen over time if not done correctly. I also have heard most people get permanent purse-string sutures. My PS said he didnt need to use those on me. Does this sound right? I hope my areola doesn't widen!! Any thoughts on this ??? ???

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Can anyone answer this???

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I had areola reduction twice and I've never heard of that.   ???
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
i didnt get the purse either, and i think i need to go back again for another reduction, because althought the nips are smaller,they puffed out again once the stitches came out. its only moderatley better than what it was before. i went back and the doc said that the skin should act as a natural suture or some shit...

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
If you look on Dr. Bermant's website, he talks about the purse string suture. There was a guy from Australia who had a donut procedure, the the areola widened and became huge...Crazy!! Also, Mr. Nip, why are you having 2 areola reductions???

Offline Mr_Nip

...Mr. Nip, why are you having 2 areola reductions???

Because one side was just a very slight bit larger than the other after 6 months, plus the areolas were reduced to a limit the first time due to concerns about skin bunching up around them.  They were pretty huge.  The real purpose of the revision was actually to fix a couple of dents that appeared as scar tissue formed and pulled them in.  While he was in there he went ahead and improved the nip situation for me.  Nice results so far.  I'll get the stitches out on Monday.

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
can u get good results without the purse string? mine look better, but i still want more taken off to make it tighter still. i still have female looking nipples when they are relaxed. my doc said we can tlak about doing more in a month or so, but dosnt recommend doing the purse string, or any type which will leave sutures in for good. I think its needed because when my stithces were in, it looked awesome. when he took them out, it immediately enlarged by atleast 5 millimeters, the very second the stitches were pulled out. however, there hasnt been any areola spreading, that many people talk about. its been more than a month so i think im in the clear, but definitly need more taken off to acheive that manly tight nipples.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Mr. Nip, did your PS charge you again for the revision?

Offline Mr_Nip

Mr. Nip, did your PS charge you again for the revision?

No, but I had to pay the anesthesiologist $250 and the facility $200. 

Offline tshirtinflorida

i'm pretty sure that i had the dissolvable purse-string sutures as well. i didn't give myself sufficient time to heal and ended up stretching the scar. i think it looks horrible, but my girlfriend says i over-anaylize it. the WORST risk in my opinion is scar stretching. now, i need to get it revised, but need to find the right PS. it sucks, but i'm not going to rush it. any suggestions would help? by the way this forum is great. (first post)

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
florida, how did u not give ur self sufficient time to heal? what did u do that cause the scar to stretch? i am a little more than a month after surgery, and ive been working out and massaging and what not. he said i dont need to be massaging but he said lifting was ok. the scar looks very minimal now, so i dont percieve it stretching or looking bad.

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member

Offline tshirtinflorida

i was being just stupid. i sneaked a few cigarettes, went out to get a drink and got speared in the chest by some drunk guy. The thing was I didn't want to pull the dressings off yet, so I didn't look to see when it stretched. It sucks, but can be fixed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024