Author Topic: is this tru??  (Read 2120 times)

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
even wwith surgery,,, the puffy nipples wont go away??

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
In a way, it is possible to still have puffy nipple after surgery. You have to make clear your PS understands exactly what you want as far as a result. If the puffy nipple is a real issue to you, make sure that you stress this issue to the PS. I had surgery for puffy nipple and needed to go to another PS for revision surgery. Originally, my first PS told me after he removes the gland, my areola will shrink and flatten out. I said great , that's exactly what I want. Well, he did the surgery and as soon as the steristrips came off, which close the incisions, my puff nip was back and I was quite upset. The PS told me to give it about 6 mths for things to settle down. I waited the 6 mths and no changes. I went back to the PS and he said, "You look fine, don't be so critical about yourself". I said, "I want this fixed , what are you going to do about it". He said, "Nothing, your fine." Yes , I can't deny that their is an improvement in the contour of my chest, but the areola never shrunk up. Needless to say, went to another PS and cost me additional $4000 to fix. I had an areola reduction throught donut procedure and 1 mth post op and areola small and flat. Just what I wanted. Good luck to you!!! ;)

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
forexfreak , who was your ps and what procedure did you get, how many days post op are you, post some pics. goodluck

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
i havent had the surgery yet... im just getting information///
but i heard that the aerola reduction actually gives a really bad scar around the circle of the nipple...is that correct?

could someone post pix of the post op of this surgery.

Offline gynogone

• Bronze Member
If I remember your pictures right, you wouldn't need reduction.

The areola shrinks ALOT just from not having a gland push it out.  Mine did.

I went from definitely "puffy nipples" and being reluctant to wear a golf shirt for example (cause it looked like I had breasts) to having areolas about as large as my thumbnail (immediately after surgery).  They left a "sliver" of gland behind them and now that it's connected with the blood supply the nipple has filled out and looks more normal. 

Doesn't look like I have breasts anymore.

Anyway go to a plastic surgeon look at some before an dafter pictures. 

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
thanks , id say my nipple diameter is about size of a quarter... but they arent MASSIVE... i hope all i really need is the surgery to remove gyno , and it takes away the nipz  ;D

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I'm almost 4 weeks post-op. I had excision and lipo done on the first operation. Yes, my chest was alot smaller ; however , the nips were still puffy. The next PS I went to told me my areola is distorting the shape of my chest. I had it done, scarring isn't too bad as of yet, just grow some hair on your chest and no one will ever know.  ;D Well, all I can say is that my areola were about the size of a quarter and ruin my chest contour. By the way, after my first surgery, there was nothing behind my nips, no hardness or anything ...good luck

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
so gyneman,
are you saying if i want the puffy nipples gone... id have to pay for the reduction as well ?? Would this be covered under Ohip?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I dont know if OHIP would cover it!! I am not saying that you need the areola reduction. Everybody is different and the plastic surgeon needs to evaluate the main reason for the chest distortion. My chest did not totally flatten out from just the lipo and excision. My areola needed to be reduced as well, but that's just me..By the way, I'm only 158lbs and 5'8". Not by any means have I ever been overweight.  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024