Author Topic: Do I need a tune-up?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,
In September I had corrective surgery for gynocomastia (6 months ago). I had a gland excision done, thru incising beside my aerola. The surgery went well on my right side, however the left side had a large hematoma. It was swollen and full of fluid, which eventually softened (10 days later) and drained out of the drainhole. It took a long time for the bruising to go away, but it eventually 'healed'

In general, I am happy with the operation. Although not perfect, it is still around 60-70% better than what it was (I would guess that my case was slightly more than mild). The right side is really nice, and I am hoping the left will come along as well. I mean, its been 6 months, and I know that I can't really expect any more changes, but thats why I am here. My surgeon did not give me any topical creams or reccomend massaging scar tissue.

So my left side has some pretty hard scar tissue where the drain hole was. There was kind of a 'fold' in the aerola (about 1.2 inches long) that ran horizontally on top of the aerola. I *think* it is starting to go away, but I am not sure. I surmise that the hard scar tissue is kind of holding my skin at a tension which causes this problem. The tissue feels like a jelly bean underneath my skin. So I was just wondering these questions:

1. Would you reccomend me to massage the scar tissue on a daily basis? How long should I do it? How long will the scar tissue take to dissipate?

2. Do you think that the hard scar tissue could be causing the 'fold' or dimple?

3. My left nipple has difficulty becoming erect (the right is fine). Could it be from the scar tissue underneath the aerola?

Thanks

Offline Sargent Pepper

• Posting Member
Bump, would love an answer too. I have a very similar case.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024