Author Topic: need help...!  (Read 1789 times)

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
hey all,

after the stitches were opened, my doc told me wear a tight fit t-shirt for compression. i wore that for 3 days, didnt find much compression, then started using a bandage making it real tight . 1 week after that i have started usingthe compression vest.  

my question is: is it going to be a problem since until 3 days post op i was wearing a tight fit t-shirt which was providing ok compression. then i used bandage. im concerned and tensed, whether or not the results will be good , as in i was 3 days late in providing a good compression. what happens if the compression is not that good. does the shape of the chest get altered or somethin? or the desired flatness not achieved.  

my doc said the t-shirt was fine. but says compression vest is also good.
im from india, and we dont get compression  vests here. had to order it from underworks. it nice and comfortable.

im so confused and concerned. pls let me know .

thx

vishal

Offline rcbrown23

It will not be a problem that you waited a few days for the vest. The vest really just helps things speed along, helps the tissue find it's new home, and helps keep fluid buildup to a minimum. Many doctors don't even use the vests...although I think they are a good idea. 3 days is not a big deal and won't do any damage at all...it may slow recovery time down a week or so, but that's nothing to worry about. Just continue to wear it now for 4-6 weeks (first 2 weeks 23/7 [shower]) and you'll be fine.

Good luck...nothing to worry about. 8)

-Brown

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
Thx brown .:-)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
ditto brown.  look at bambu's pics, his doc didn't even have him wear one.  One can argue that it only helps speed things up.  3 months down the road, you couldn't tell who wore a vest and who didn't.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024