Author Topic: Only had lipo done  (Read 4486 times)

Offline deanwrx

• Posting Member
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and looking for some advice. I had surgery (only lipo) on 10/28/06 to fix my gyno. I had excess fat and enlarged glands.  My doctor first told me he was going to do lipo and excise the gland (which was about the size of an olive). After surgery, he said he was able to remove the glands with the lipo tool and did not cut the nipple to remove the gland. I didn't know any better. I'm close to 5 months post op and my glands look and feel the same. My chest is certainly flatter, but my left nipple is puffy (which is exactly how it looked before surgery). Was I taken or a ride? My doctor says the puffiness is swelling, but I'm afraid it is still the original enlarged gland. Does anyone know if lipo alone can really remove enlarged glands?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments,

Dean

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member
I would seek the advice of another Dr. If your surgeon did not do what he said he did then I would def go after him with legal action if he fails to return your money.

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
U got riped off

Offline deanwrx

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback and support. I am pissed and feel I got ripped off. I actually tried seeing another plastic surgeon who refused to see me when I explained my situation. (some doctors like to protect each other). I'm still looking for another Dr. in the NJ area. Then I'll confront my original Dr. and see what he says. If I'm lucky, he'll do the honorable thing and say he messed up and correct the situation. But I am skeptical about this doctor ever touching me again. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Dean

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member
I would make an appointment with another DR and then reveal your situation right there infront of him. You dont even have to tell him which DR it was that originally performed the surgery on you. If he agrees that your original DR. decieved you and did not perform what he said he did then I woudl most def straight up as him for all of your money back. If he says no then tell him that you are going to take legal action and have another surgeon who will be supeanoed to court. Im not sure but im sure there is some sort of medical board that will also start an all out investigation on the guy if he did infact lie.

Def dont get surgery with him again. Who knows what he will do the next time. Even if he offers to perform surgery for free I wouldnt risk it.

Offline deanwrx

• Posting Member
Hi subuwrx,

Great advice, thanks again. I'm going to do what you said and see another Dr. I'm also going for my money back. He'll do it the easy way or the hard way.

How are you feeling now since your surgery?

Also, I take it you have a WRX?

Dean

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member
Feelin awesome since surgery. I just showed my parents yesterday(im back from college for the weekend) and they are def impressed with Dr. Bermants work.

Hell yea I have an 04, WRX!

Offline W1NNER

• Posting Member
deanWrX

please can you let me know the outscome i'm in exactly the same situation, dr only did lipo and now the problem is worse as i have a flat chest and the gyne is making my nipples even more prominent. My dr said he will do the revision free but i would have to pay for the aesthesis not on! I feel like i've been ripped off and volilated like a ho except it cost me money...not on

cheers

W1NN£R

Offline W1NNER

• Posting Member
hi Dean,

thanks for your kind words, i appreciate your advice. I'm a 29 year old male approx 5'11" and weight 174 lbs I have a low body fat percentage of around 11% and I’m in good physical shape. I suffer from mild Gynecomastia having large puffy protruding nipples not actual women shaped breasts in some cases. At the time the surgeon explained he would need to do some liposuction around the nipples and then make a 15mm half moon shape incision underneath the nipples and remove the tissue. I agreed this was the way forward and went ahead with the surgery which cost 4200GBP.

After surgery, the surgeon told me that the incisions were not necessary and the Gynescomastia was completely removed by liposuction as he felt the chest was flat..this was probably as i was laying flat on the operating bed..(aren't womens breasts flat when they are laying down expect for the silicon enhanced ones)?! Lipo was done with just one incision half way up in the middle of my stomach. I was surprised as that was not what i was told pre op?  After removing the bandages I was shocked to find that my chest was completely flat but the nipples were still protruding which looked even worse due to the fact my chest was now completely fat! I was told that the lumps pushing my nipples out was caused by scar tissue and will settle within the next 3 months or so.... 6-7 Months later nothing has changed and i can feel hard lumps underneath my nipples which is causing me a lot of distress. I feel that the gland should of been removed by excision as i have been told by numerous websites/research and PS consultations that the gland cannot be removed by lipo alone and needs to be cut out.

Anyways my predicament is that even if the surgeon agrees to fix it free of charge i think ive lost confidence in him to do more surgery on me. So its either fight hard for a refund which could take forever and i really dont want lots of people examining me or take a risk and get him to fix it..?! I sent my pics off to Dr Delago for his opinion and he feels that too much fat has been removed from my right side which has left a dent which also needs revision surgery, he does the surgery with the patient sitting upright so he can make sure the job looks exactly right, i contemplated flying over to SF but it would cost about 10000GBP.. I got an appointment with my PS next week so i'll see what he says problem is he is very arrogant and comes across intimidating so its hard to get my point across without him confusing me with Medical talk and saying there are no guarantees with this type of surgery blah blah yawn Zzzz.. I'll keep you posted on the result i'm really angry about the whole thing and just want to move on with my life..!

Thanks again for your reply, good luck with your revision issues.

Cheers

Dave
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:10:57 AM by W1NNER »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024