Author Topic: After all this time, a dream is to be realized!  (Read 3384 times)

Offline shy

• Posting Member
 Well guys it has been a long time since I have posted (about two years).  I have been reading this website for the past two years and just dreaming of the day I finally get rid of this problem we all share.  Like most of you I have been suffering from gynecomastia since the tender age of 10 (I am 22 now).  But now this problem will finally be corrected.  
I had a consultation with Dr Fielding this past Monday (March 21), and everything he said was music to my ears.  I now know I am not some misfit of society but I indeed suffer from a real medical problem.   I am going back for another pre-op appointment on April 26, and have booked my surgery for May 11.  That will certainly be one of the greatest days of my life.
I urge everyone that if you are not comfortable with you gyne, seek help from your family physician who can refer you to a respectable ps.  That is how I got the ball rolling for me.  If you are afraid to tell your parents or loved ones, you shouldn't be.  Take it from me, being from an east indian background one does not discuss these types of things with their parents (i.e plastic surgery, etc.), but I just told them because this is a very serious issue for me.  You know what happened, they completely understood and are willing to help me in any way possible.  
Anyway I hope everyone gets the help they deserve!!

Offline shy

• Posting Member
 Oh, I would just like to add that my case is a moderate case, and the cost of the surgery will be $1000 + GST which equates to $1070.  FYI the $1000 is a flat student rate (I being a uni student).

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
congrats man I recently had mine and can't tell you how happy that it was finally getting done. The prices your spending are more than half of what I had to spend so that's another nice thing. I wish I had had the money to do it when I was 22 you still have some nice college years left to enjoy your new found confidence. (I'm only a couple years older than you but I can't tell you how much this condition screwed up my college life).  :'(
You better go nuts and enjoy it next year for the both of us.  :)

Offline hypo

The best to both of you.

May you stand on a beach and not get a second glance!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
second that, though glances of the right kind from attractive females would be okay  ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 07:27:44 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
there is a discount if your a student?

I'm still in college

If anyone can elaborate on this i'd appreciate it.

Offline pe175

• Silver Member

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
That's awesome.  My pre-op is scheduled for May 11 and surgery for May 24 :D

Hope it all goes well for you!
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005

I had a consultation with Dr Fielding this past Monday (March 21), and everything he said was music to my ears.  I now know I am not some misfit of society but I indeed suffer from a real medical problem.   I am going back for another pre-op appointment on April 26, and have booked my surgery for May 11.  

hello Shy, was May 11 the earliest day that he had or the earliest day you could do it? just trying to get an idea of wait times, my consultation is mid april

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
Oh, I would just like to add that my case is a moderate case, and the cost of the surgery will be $1000 + GST which equates to $1070.  FYI the $1000 is a flat student rate (I being a uni student).

Can you elaborate on this?  How did you get such a discount?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I haven't heard of a student rate, probably a PS special.

As far as the beach comments, I got married 3 years ago and we went to Florida for our honneymoon.  We spent several days on South Beach in Miami and NO I didn't wear a shirt.  Now granted, I did all I could to remain laying on the beach chair for as long as possible (when laying flat on your back, the gyne doesn't look as bad).  But I did make a couple very fast walks from the chair across the sand and to the water and then stayed in the water as long as I could before making that horrifying walk back to the chair.

Yes, I got more than 1 look but quite honestly I was checking out the scereny (if you know what i mean).  If you don't know what I mean, on south beach, you will find many women who are topless.  Now this is a family beach but I guess it's common and accepted for women to be topless.  Any guys here from South Florida would agree.  Maybe not the best place to be on your honeymoon.  
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 05:56:36 AM by jc71 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Now granted, I did all I could to remain laying on the beach chair for as long as possible (when laying flat on your back, the gyne doesn't look as bad).  But I did make a couple very fast walks from the chair across the sand and to the water and then stayed in the water as long as I could before making that horrifying walk back to the chair.

jc...

I have been in similar situations.

I know exactly how you felt during that 'Horrifying walk back to your chair'. ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 06:14:21 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline shy

• Posting Member
Sorry guys I forgot to mention I live in Toronto.  My surgery is partly covered by OHIP (our health care provider).  Granted OHIP only covers the excision portion of the surgery.  With regards to the student rate, this is what my PS Dr. Fielding stated.  For this problem there is a flat rate of $1000 for the lipo (others may be lower since my case is moderate) for students.

Yes the first day available for the surgery was May 11.  I wanted to get it earlier, at the end of April preferably, but Dr. Fielding was booked.  Anyway good luck to everyone!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024