Author Topic: So no one has done Local Anesthesia  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
Give me a F'n Break!  >:(

Offline EricL

• Posting Member
hey! i just got back from a consultation with my surgeon.. im going under local aswell... but im only getting a small gland excision on one side.. no lipo or nothing... whats your situation?

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
I'm probably gonna get lipo on both sides(PS says there is no need for excision)

Offline bigredjjp4

• Posting Member
i may go local in the next couple of weeks.....it'll be about 3500 dollars, if i get it done, i'll let you know how it goes.

DrBermant

hey! i just got back from a consultation with my surgeon.. im going under local aswell... but im only getting a small gland excision on one side.. no lipo or nothing... whats your situation?

I prefer local anesthesia alone for anatomic nipple reduction as seen with this patient with long nipples. For almost all other gynecomastia surgery, local anesthesia with sedation provides a safer much more comfortable method.  When 2 stages are needed, as with this problem of puffy nipples and long nipples together, I perform the first stage with local sedation, and the second with local alone.

You can find an extensive individual patients' experience with comfort and my Tumescent Technique Anesthesia for gynecomastia here.

If you prefer direct links to each of those discussions:

anesthesia and comfort in gynecomastia patient from California

comfort and anesthesia in physician's son with gynecomastia

comfort and anesthesia in gynecomastia patient from Florida

comfort and anesthesia in gynecomastia patient from Illinois

comfort and anesthesia with gynecomastia patient from Texas

comfort after gynecomastia surgery with patient from Colorado

comparing comfort and anesthesia of my revision surgery with prior gynecomastia surgery in Florida

comfort and anesthesia in patient 4 hours from Richmond with gynecomastia

parent of teenage patient with gynecomastia commenting about comfort after surgery

comfort after gynecomastia revision surgery on patient from UK

comparing comfort of my revision surgery to prior gynecomastia surgery done in NY

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member

I prefer local anesthesia alone for anatomic nipple reduction as seen with this patient with long nipples. For almost all other gynecomastia surgery, local anesthesia with sedation provides a safer much more comfortable method.  When 2 stages are needed, as with this problem of puffy nipples and long nipples together, I perform the first stage with local sedation, and the second with local alone.

You can find an extensive individual patients' experience with comfort and my Tumescent Technique Anesthesia for gynecomastia here.

If you prefer direct links to each of those discussions:

anesthesia and comfort in gynecomastia patient from California

comfort and anesthesia in physician's son with gynecomastia

comfort and anesthesia in gynecomastia patient from Florida

comfort and anesthesia in gynecomastia patient from Illinois

comfort and anesthesia with gynecomastia patient from Texas

comfort after gynecomastia surgery with patient from Colorado

comparing comfort and anesthesia of my revision surgery with prior gynecomastia surgery in Florida

comfort and anesthesia in patient 4 hours from Richmond with gynecomastia

parent of teenage patient with gynecomastia commenting about comfort after surgery

comfort after gynecomastia revision surgery on patient from UK

comparing comfort of my revision surgery to prior gynecomastia surgery done in NY

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

I think I will be getting local anesthesia with sedation then since I will be having more work done than just nipple reduction..
thnx for taking the time and helping out by the way.

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
I'm probably gonna get lipo on both sides(PS says there is no need for excision)

sorry to burst your bubble but you may wanna post some pictures on the site and describe your gyne. You wouldnt wanna become another one of the people who were convinced they didnt have gland then HATE thier results due to no excission. Some plastic surgeons arent very knowlegdeable about gynecomastia, PLUS you should give us your docters name.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9194.0.html
there are my pictures..
I know most of you guys are going to say that excision really needs to be done for best results.
I will talk to PS about doing excision.

http://www.cruiseplasticsurgery.com/
there's the PS I plan to go with

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
for the record, dont think that you MAY need excission... you NEED excission, if your not plannin on excussion dont even go under it will be a huge waste of money. And if ur doc wont do excission or just straight out dont wanna, dont use him thiers plenty of plastic surgeons out thier.

Thanks for the advice.. I'll let him know if he isn't willing to do excision then I won't go with him.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
that's true for most cases with gland tissue, but if it's not dense, then lipo alone would do.  the problem is a lot of docs want to err on the side of too little instead of too much so as not to risk any cratering, and we want the reverse.  you should be clear about your preference, but it could be ok for some cases. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline outertrial

I agree you need excision, lipo will not sort that lot out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024