Author Topic: Compression Vests and shipping to UK  (Read 2312 times)

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member
Hi, i'm in UK and want to buy a compression vest to use while I lose weight.
Questions: Will I be charged customs since they're coming from America? If so how much and how does me paying it work?

Also, how many should I get? I guess i'd be wearing 'em pretty reguarly.

Thanks guys

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Hi,

Many of us have ordered compression vests from US companies like Underworks and I simply paid the price on the website and the postage they state for shipping to the UK.  If the UK customs want to charge me extra then that’s up to them to come find me and ask for it.

Don’t worry about it.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member
cheers, how many do you reccomend to buy though? How many do you have and how often do you wear?

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
may i ask a question too?  Is there a particular type of underworks that is better? they seem to have a number of sorts...

Also how do underarmour compare to underworks?  Which do you think is better?

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
For hiding gyne, buy underworks 997. what is ur chest size btw? i am asking bcoz, i myself bought medium vest for 39 inch chest and found to be very tight.... do some research b4 ordering the correct size.

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
LOL, I got a 997 and a 998, they 998 is about right, kinda tight, but looks good, and it looks like an under armor shirt from the outside.  The 997....  I almost broke my neck trying to get it on!  I would definately go up a size.

Another thing on the 997, obviously I couldnt breath if I wore it, so I cut out a pannel (there are two in the front,) and now its great.  only thing is you can see it with 1 t-shirt, and it looks nothing like a normal one.

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member
sorry to keep repating myself but people who bought them how many did you buy?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I bought mine for use after surgery, although I did wear them a little before surgery just to see what it was like to have a flat chest again.

I bought the Underworks 980 for just after surgery as it is easy to put on when you have restricted movement.  The 980 is adjustable and has hook and eyes fastening up the front.  The front panel of this vest (where the hooks and eyes are) is visible under a thin shirt but I found it ideal immediately after surgery.

When I had better mobility in my arms I used the 997, which is practically invisible under any shirt.  It’s just like a very, very tight fitting vest, which you have to either pull on over your head or step into and pull it up over your body.

Hope this info is some use to you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024