Author Topic: 3 Days Post Op.  (Read 2597 times)

Offline ajgdhd

• Posting Member
Well I did it and am on my way to recovery.  A little sore, but the hardest part is realizing that I wont be able to go to the gym for awhile. I had a minor case from what the Doc told me, using power assisted lypo only he removed about 200 from one side and 250 from the other.  I got my first look at my chest today as he moved me into the compression vest.  Everything is definetly flatter, but not contoured the way I would like...hopefully that will come in time.  I realize some of you have quite a bit more knowledge on this subject than I do so I have a couple questions....

A) My birthday is this Saturday, had surgery at 8:00 am on Monday and I was wondering if it would be ok to have some drinks Saturday night?

B) If I hit the weights hard after my 3-4 week healing period, will my chest contour to the muscle?

C) I was told after a week of nothing I could return to the gym to do light cardio and possibly work out my arms, any of you done this after a week?

D) Day of surgery was March 26th, will I be able to be pool side by late May or early June?  I hope to start the light chest work outs after 3.5 - 4 weeks, Im thinking since my case was less severe and I am of young age (21) that my recovery might move along faster.  My last summer of college before the real world and I was hoping to enjoy it.

Thanks for any input you guys could give.

Offline ajgdhd

• Posting Member
You guys do not respect new comers, do you?

Offline outertrial

Actually people here are very supportive of newcomers. Im afraid that dropping your rattle because you havent got a dozen replies immediately after youve posted isnt the best way of introducing yourself though.

Offline ajgdhd

• Posting Member
I guess I am just getting frustrated, post op is a nerve wracking time.

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member
Do you have any pictures? I had 200 total removed and didnt think I was considered a minor case. Is 450 really a minor case?

Offline outertrial

Mine was 700  ;D

Offline ajgdhd

• Posting Member
The Doc told me that 450 is not a lot at all, I see him again Friday to get my stitches out so Ill ask about it again.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 09:45:06 PM by ajgdhd »

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
450 isn't a lot.  I believe I had 800 from one side and 1000 from another.

By May / June a lot of the swelling and most/all of the bruising should be gone.

Ask your doctor about the alcohol on your birthday.

Your chest will contour to whatever is underneath.  I'm not really sure what you're asking.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline ajgdhd

• Posting Member
Was wondering if I built the muscle back up, that it would look normal and not cause any wrinkles or lumps and what not.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 02:30:39 PM by ajgdhd »

Offline Puff Daddy

I'm 3 weeks post op and I think I could hit the pool tomorrow if I wanted to.  There is still some scarring under my nipple, but it ain't bad.  I could play it off like my detergent irritated them or something... if anyone even noticed.

As far as how my chest will fill out after going back to the gym, I'm curious about that myself.  I was told to wait 4 weeks before getting back to a normal workout routine.  My chest still isn't perfect and I'm hoping a better diet and the gym will help that.  (Even if it stays imperfect, it's still a hundred times better and at least I can wear a t-shirt now)

And I say drink on your birthday... in moderation.  I went out drinking one week later and was fine. And it only took a few beers to feel it since I had a couple of weeks of sobriety prior. Just don't take any meds that night.

Offline ajgdhd

• Posting Member
6 Days post op now... feeling better.  Still pretty sore, but pain has gone down a lot.  I realize its early, but its looking like I am going to be pretty satisfied with the results ive seen.  The right side seems to be a little bigger than the left side with more of a fold, but I am hoping that swelling is involved and it will progressively get better.  Ill keep you guys posted on further results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024