Author Topic: Can Full Cream Powdered Milk Drink or any Milk drinks can cause Gynecomastia???  (Read 5747 times)

Offline junichihibiki

• Posting Member
I just recently have my surgery and became paranoid of anything I ate that can cause this abnormality to come back.  ::)

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
You know.. when I was a kid I remember a friend of mine saying that if you drink whole milk you will grow boobs.  I'm talking like 8 years old so I doubt this was a problem of his or mine at the time..  I've allways wonderd where that came from (with him) and in general, b/c I drank ALOT of milk as a kid... and here I am :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The people who have this concern usually base it upon the use of growth hormones in animals grown for meat.

In Dairy animals, Estrogen is not used for the simple reason that high levels of estrogen actually suppress lactation. In fact, Estrogen levels are high during  pregnancy and the drop in Estrogen in part of the process that starts lactation.

You have more important things to worry about. Dairy product are OK.
Grandpa Dan

Offline katyre

actually many common foods have estrogenic compounds called phyto estrogens. most of these are 1000 times weaker then real estrogen. pretty much the only thing you should worry about are OTC drugs, many list swelling of the chest as a side effect. Also stay away from Soy milk soy milk contains isoflavinoids that mimic estrogen

Offline Teflon

• Posting Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You know.. when I was a kid I remember a friend of mine saying that if you drink whole milk you will grow boobs.

Once on the radio, I heard there was a study done and the reasearchers found that milk could make you gay.   ???

Don't believe everything you hear dude...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
i got my gyno when i was 19 its been two years now im 21, is it possible to get gyno from using protein and creatine supplements, coz i was using it then as i was working out?

Offline ncgyne

Dairy, like any other substance you can introduce into your body will affect everyone on a different level.

Just saying "no, it doesn't" isn't sufficient for this question, because in my personal experience: Yes, it does.

I've tested this theory too many times to count. I try to avoid all lactose products but I have a sweet tooth and sometimes, can't help myself from chewing on some chocolates, have a little ice cream, or dipping some graham crackers in milk.

I'm 6'1, and weigh 152 pounds. I workout 5 - 6 days a week with 2-3 of those days being cardio for 1+ hour, and 3 days being weight lifting for about 1.5 hours each day. My body fat is low enough that I can visibly see gain in weight if and when I gain anything.

On days that I ingest no dairy, my chest has a small area below the nipple on both sides that is fatty. It's not a lot, but it's noticable to me (like everyone with gynecomastia) to the point of embarassment.

If I have any dairy products, I will see enlargment in this fatty area the next day, and it will last for 1 - 2 days, depending on how much lactose I took in.

And like I said, i've tried this out enough times to know for a fact that this is what's causing the growth.

I don't drink, I don't smoke, and i'm not on any drugs - prescription or other. My diet is lactose free (until I get that random craving for something dairy).  I'm telling you this because i've read that Gynecomastia can be caused by alcohol and marijuana (funny how two of the most used "drugs" cause this flaring) so stating that I use neither one of these is helpful.

So, really: Long story short, Lactose seems to irritate Gynecomastia. At least for me, anyway. And, I do know that there are different variations of Gynecomastia, so for some, this might not be an issue and you can drink all of the milk you want...but for me, it's lactose free.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I heard there was a study done and the reasearchers found that milk could make you gay.   ???

Don't believe everything you hear dude...  ;)

Bambu:

Occasionally my friend Joe will drink too much beer and turn gay.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 01:40:48 AM by jc71 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
jc, think he was agreeing with your point by holding that up as a bad example. 

i tend to agree with nc's idea.  katyre, unless i’m mistaken, i believe the isoflavenoids you mention, which are actually good for you, are the same as the phytoestrogens.  copying a little from a past post (bold mine, wink his), since this comes up from time to time, this is why i as a 26-year gyne sufferer, remain really suspicious of meat and dairy. i left out the parts on recent studies of arsenic in chicken, pcb's in fish, etc., though that was nasty too.  for anyone who didn’t know or remember, i'm vegan, which means pure vegetarian:  no eggs or dairy (though for ethics reasons more than the health, though that's an upside), so see if you find this interesting.  from the 2/04 monthly newsletter of dr. michael greger: 

V. MAILBAG: "Why did the Ukraine ban our meat?"

I just got an email from someone who read the hilarious column in Friday's San Francisco Chronicle (online at http://tinyurl.com/2b2qr) . Her questions was "I've heard about bovine growth hormone in the milk supply, but I didn't know that we used hormones in meat."

For more than fifty years, U.S. farmers have used both natural and artificial hormones to increase the growth rates of livestock. Just like bodybuilders can bulk up on steroids, these steroid hormones make cattle grow bigger and faster. Of course the USDA doesn't like to call them growth hormones, they call them "meat quality enhancers," which they note is a "more consumer friendly term."

According to the USDA, these hormones can eliminate as many as 21 days of feeding time-same weight, 21 days earlier-which saves lots of money. But Europe in the eighties had just gotten over this thing where little babies started growing breasts and menstruating after eating baby food made from veal calves pumped with the hormone DES and then there were all these cancers and genital deformities and so January 1st, 1989 Europe banned the production and consumption of hormone laden meat.

Major beef exporters such as Argentina. Australia, New Zealand, Brazil all agreed to ship hormone free meat to Europe, but the U.S. was not going to be stopped. Not only would the profits of the beef industry suffer (and we know how much the beef industry doesn't like to see things suffer Wink, but the profits of the hormone manufacturers- Monsanto, Eli Lilly, Upjohn-would take a hit. And as powerful as the beef lobby is, you do not mess with the pharmaceutical industry.

The US took the European Union before the World Trade Organization demanding that Europe drop its ban on American beef. And of course, the World Health Organization struck down Europe's public health law, and demanded Europe drop the ban or face stiff penalties. And Europe decided to maintain the ban and stomach the financial consequences, which it has for years now.  They are willing to pay $50 million dollars a year to protect their citizens from American beef.

Growth promoting hormones, with names like "Steer-oid" are fed, implanted or injected into more than 95% of U.S. cattle. They implant estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and a number of synthetic steroids. The FDA insists that, when properly used, these sex steroids pose no risk to humans.  This is the same agency, though, that, under pressure from the poultry industry, took 20 years to ban DES, the hormone that caused all the v.aginal cancers in the daughters of mothers exposed to it.

The European Union commissioned their own panel of scientists review the available research on the hormones in American meat and concluded that they "may cause a variety of health problems including cancer, developmental problems, harm to immune systems, and brain disease.  Even exposure to small levels of [hormone] residues in meat and meat products carries risks."

The European Commission identified one hormone in particular as a "complete carcinogen," acting as both a tumor initiator and a tumor promoter. They explained, "In plain language, this means that even small additional doses of residues of this hormone in meat, arising from its use as a growth promoter in cattle, has an inherent risk of causing cancer." The French Agriculture Minister simply declared that the United States had the, "worst food in the world." Even research done here by National Cancer Institute has found that some of the synthetic estrogen-like hormones U.S. ranchers continue to implant can indeed stimulate the growth of human breast cancer cells.

The U.S. government was not happy with Europe's report. The U.S. Agriculture Secretary held a press conference and said 'The European Commission has issued yet another misleading report."

In response the European Union replied, "The commission is deeply concerned about the US attempt to belittle the risk which scientists have identified. [We] cannot understand why the US has not reacted in a more responsible way to the conclusive findings of the scientific committee. It is all the more incomprehensible as pre-pube[scent] children are the population group most at risk from the hormones."

Indeed, because children they have such low baseline levels, an 8 year boy, for example, eating two burgers increases his level of sex hormones by almost 10%.
And lifelong exposures like that might increase the risk of developing cancer.

The incidence of reproductive cancers has skyrocketed since U.S. farmers started using these sex steroids in meat. Compared to 1950, we have 55% more breast cancer, 120% more testicular cancer, and 190% more prostate cancer here in the United States. Now that's not to say that the hormones in meat are the cause, but as one prominent cancer researcher noted, "The question we ought to be asking, is not why Europe won't buy our hormone-treated meat, but why we allow beef from hormone-treated cattle to be sold [here in America]..." 

that’s why i still wonder whether gyne rates didn't take off at the same rate around the same time and whether my going off all that meat and dairy wasn't a decade or two too late.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 02:46:44 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024