Author Topic: man boobs...is it cuz I'm overweight?  (Read 2845 times)

Offline heisleyamor

Right now, I am 5'9 and 230 pounds. So I'm overweight...Are the large man boobs because of this? Because I know other overweight people...people that are a LOT more overweight then I am with smaller "man boobs"...It's just really annoying...Should I just do cardio all the time and see what happens or what do you think?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
everyone stores fat differently -- you may have a genetic predisposition to store fat in those areas.

by reducing your overall fat mass (through diet/cardio/resistance training) you should be able to reduce the fatty deposits on your chest.

Offline nomore

• Posting Member
absolutely you should start exercising and working towards a healthy weight. I was, for a time, 200 pounds at about 5 feet 6 inches, and I lost 50. You feel sooo much better all the time. And if your moobs persist, seek moob-specific treatment.

Diet and exercise man, it's totally worth it :)

pm me if u want any advice or anything

Offline katyre

fat cells make estrogen, even in men. so if you can lose weight it will help the hormones get back into balance. I would also recommend reducing stress and strength building exercise as both can improve testosterone levels. Don't do so much cardio as cardio can lower testosterone levels.

DrBermant

Right now, I am 5'9 and 230 pounds. So I'm overweight...Are the large man boobs because of this? Because I know other overweight people...people that are a LOT more overweight then I am with smaller "man boobs"...It's just really annoying...Should I just do cardio all the time and see what happens or what do you think?

Wearing the extra fat is not healthy.  Check out your risks with a BMI Calculator (Body Mass Index)

Plastic surgery is better after weight loss, losing weight is a coarse tool. Plastic surgery is better used for refinement.

Weight Loss, Dealing With Excess Skin of the Chest and Body is also a major emotional issue.

Check out this new section on the emotion of body lift surgery for those after massive weight loss:

Personal experiences and emotions of dealing with weight, loose skin, and body lift surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
everyone stores fat differently -- you may have a genetic predisposition to store fat in those areas.

by reducing your overall fat mass (through diet/cardio/resistance training) you should be able to reduce the fatty deposits on your chest.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the Gyne will be gone. You cannot exercise glandular tissue away....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024