Author Topic: 12 hours post-op ???  (Read 3511 times)

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Hi guys. I'm 12 hours post-op and have snuck a peek. To me, it looks like there is still gland down there. Could this just be swelling??? I know 12 hours is pretty soon to critique, but I'm not bruised or anything like that. I actually have little pain and don't even need the pain killers.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
who was your your ps, and what was your procedure?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb, Seattle

My bill says that the procedure is

Reduction of gynecomastia bilateral surgical excision       Removing excess tissue from my breasts by excision

Reduction of gynecomastia bilateral liposuction         Removing excess fat from my breasts by liposuction

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, 12 hours really won't give you any indication of what you can expect.  I didn't have any bruising until a few days later.  It almost gets worse before it gets better.  Give it a couple of months, and see what happens.  Like you said, 12 hours is pretty early to make any opinions.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi guys. I'm 12 hours post-op and have snuck a peek. To me, it looks like there is still gland down there. Could this just be swelling??? I know 12 hours is pretty soon to critique, but I'm not bruised or anything like that. I actually have little pain and don't even need the pain killers.

Yep, 12 hours is too soon to judge. I'd give it about 4380 hours (6 months) before I would start to judge  ;).

All the very best of luck with your healing.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Thanks guys. I'll wait. Post-op is in a couple of days. Any advice on questions I should ask the PS???

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
Yeah, 12 hours really won't give you any indication of what you can expect.  I didn't have any bruising until a few days later.  It almost gets worse before it gets better.  Give it a couple of months, and see what happens.  Like you said, 12 hours is pretty early to make any opinions.
how is it possible to not have any bruises immediately after surgery? and then develop them later on? can you please explain?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
The thing is that my glands seem to be the same size. Maybe they're swollen (They're not tender). I actually am bruised a little today, and I wasn't yesterday. I'll interrogate the doc during my post-op on tuesday.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024