Author Topic: What kind of excuses have u used instead of "breast reduction" ?  (Read 5875 times)

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Like, Im looking for an excuse for surgery, which I could say to people instead of mentioning about a cosmetic surgery. Honestly, People will think im a women who is getting breast augmentation instead because they wont understand. And I dont want to tell anyone about it or even explain the condition. Because the further you explain about self-esteem and stuff, the more they'll think im a women lol.

Im looking for an excuse not to show my chest too(post opt), I dont want to say something drastic like "Heart surgery" because ppl will get really worried. But some surgical related, that would a surgeon to make cuts around my chest. Something as minor as "removed of wisdom teeth" or so, hope this doesn't sound so strange, but really need help with this.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You could say that you are having/have had a 'benign growth' removed.  ;)

GB
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 01:13:22 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Im only 19, my close friends are going on an important trip, and forcing me to go (blackmailing me practically :P) And I need a really strong reason why I can't go with them. They are GOING to ask questions as surgery sounds so severe. I prefer nothing related to chest reduction, as Im afraid they might google it and such. I really dont want anyone to find out, even family. I need a surgical excuse, doctors appointment wouldn't work as I could always re-book one :P

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I told people i got tears in my pectoral muscles from weight training, some scar tissue formed and doctor said it needs to be taken out.

Offline junichihibiki

• Posting Member
for me I actually told no one except for my Grandmother and Mother that I had a gynecomastia surgery, I just tell them that I had a cyst removed on my right breast (I had a unilateral case).

Offline realist85

• Posting Member
I told my friends that I tore some shoulder ligaments and my chest muscle along with it, which required a small operation. Hopefully that works come Wednesday.

Offline outertrial

The BG thing isnt bad at all. I had a cyst on my back removed once that would fall into that category. Personally I didnt tell anyone, had it done in Spain with the wife and just took leave. If anyone had noticed the vest and the fact I was stiff after then Id just have said Id done my back in weight training and it was a support vest.

Offline W1NNER

• Posting Member
the torn chest/sholder muscle while weight training is the best one, as it would make sence that you are wearing a compression vest... google it and do a bit of reaseach on what would be involved incase you get any smart ass asking you a question but in my opion F*ck off and miond your own business works best..

Offline fizzy

• Bronze Member
Weight training accident on the bench press. To be honest, that was the excuse I thought would work best - but no one really asked. Some people I hadn't met in a while just remarked that I had lost weight. But to be fair, I almost always wore shirts and black tee-shirts with a huge logo on the chest.

Offline shaqazulu

• Posting Member
I used to joke around with mine, so lots of people knew.  If it doesn't bother you, or it doesn't seem to bother you, nobody will really make fun.

BUT, for other people, where I say I just had surgery, I just say I had a lump in my chest I had to get removed, & I show them my cut up nipple.

It's not a big deal at all.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I told a buddy that I was having a biopsy under my armpit. Luckily, there were few questions. Got a hotel next to the surgery site and had him walk me there afterwards. Nobody knew. The perfect crime.

Offline bull

• Posting Member
you can say something about a little surgery in the ribs

Offline bobjohnson

• Posting Member
I am a little different on this subject. I am telling the truth to those who must know or I want to know. I say something like "I was not happy with my appreance so I got it corrected. I wanted a less flabby chest". So far people think I am brave for taking care of myself like this.

That's me though and I am 34, married and fairly confident in my decsions and with my life. So if people want to pass judgement... well that's thier issue to work through.

Hope this helps!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024