Author Topic: questions re hormonal imbalances related to a pituitary tumour  (Read 2593 times)

paramount

hi there.

i have recently had a pituitary tumour removed. as such my hormones are all over the place and i guess because of said hormone imbalances ive had gyne for a number of years now.

because of the pituitary tumour im in regular contact with a endo and ive mentioned to him that im concerned about my gynecomastia.

i just want to know if in my case its caused by a higher amount of estrogen than testosterone or if there is another cause?

also, because my gyne is obviously hormonal surgery is pointless for now. what is done in these cases? ive been on testosterone gel for 6 months now but if anything its got worse.

thanks for reading

Offline Colorado_John

• Posting Member

Have you had your prolactin checked?

The pituitary tumour ( prolactinoma ) pumps your body full of this hormone which suppresses your Testosterone.

I went on Cabergoline ( prolactin suppressant ) which dropped my prolactin to normal levels and allowed my Testosterone to normal levels.

paramount

i had them checked back in november the first time i had the tumour removed (it since grew back requiring more surgery) they were all over the place. one day they were normal and the next they were off the chart.

after mentioning gyne to my endo he actually did talk a little about cabergoline.

say i go on cabergoline and my testosterone levels are sorted. what will happen to the gland underneath the nipple, surely its not going to just dissapear? or maybe its a combination of sorting testosterone levels then surgery?

idk i just want rid of the chest.

thanks for the reply.

Offline Colorado_John

• Posting Member
My Gyne/gland pretty much dissappeared after I went on cabergoline. It should also shrink the prolactinoma. In your case I would be much more concerned with your low T levels.

The culprit is your Prolactin levels, a hormone that produces milk in lactating mothers. This is causing your Gyne. Some men can even produce milk ( scary huh ). It is also suppressing your Testosterone. Which will return to your normal levels once you suppress your Prolactin with Cabergoline.

Seems like your Endo was treating the symptom and not the cause.

Id say go on cabergoline. If you choose to though email me ( johnrodgers@mail.com ).
as it has some very interesting side affects.

paramount

im in contact with other people with pituitary tumours and a few of them are on cabergoline. i take it side effects are things like nausea and sweating?

have you also had a pituitary tumour?

very helpfull btw. thanks :)

Offline Colorado_John

• Posting Member

The Endo suspects I have a pituitary tumour but was too small to show up on an MRI,

The first time I took it I halucinated, so you may want to take two half pills on consecutive days. But you will get over that within a couple of weeks.

It actually puts your Libedo 'through the roof'. And does alter your personality a bit. Its sold recreationally as a sex drug  :o

I have been in contact with two people who claim this drug ruined their marriage,

Google "ask a patient " dostinex or cabergoline

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024