Author Topic: Got my surgery scheduled, have questions  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I'm scheduled for the end of april. It's on a friday (in which I think i'll call in sick from school). 4 questions.

1, will i be able to go back to school monday? I wear a jacket all the time anyway (not to hide my gyne or anything) and we have uniforms.

2, my doc said he used drains. how do they take the drains out?

3, Will I be able to carry a backpack on monday/walk up stairs?

4, One and a half months post-op: will i look normal without a shirt on?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I can handel pain very well, but putting on a backpack post op was nearly imposible. I went back to school, 5 days post op carrying a light backpack. At 5 days post op carrying 1 book and 1 folder it was difficult but possible. You cannot reach back there to put the backpack on. Its hard to explain. You cannot move your arms above you head. You are better off carrying your books that trying to reach back there and put a backpack on.

Taking a crap was hard to do also. Thank god I was constipated from the pain meds.
Every step I took I felt. Every bump in the road drinving I felt. Around 7 days post op, most of the pain went away.

If you over do it, you can tear the healing tissue or pull the stitches which is very painful.

If you take about 1 week off from the day of surgery, and rest 24/7, you should be completly fine when you go back.
Just make sure no one bumps into your chest.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
drains are just pulled out. usually in for 3-5 days (according to my ps). Walking up the stairs shouldn't be much of a problem.  Getting your arms stretched back to get your backpack on could be.  Not only painful, but after just a couple days post op it could cause further damage. Maybe try carrying your backpack.  Make it as light as possible, only care the bare essentials.

Offline GALD_MAN1000

• Posting Member
  • Free as a bird who just got out of jail
i carried backpack out of the hopital (had it on). didn't hurt at all must just be my supremeness. i had the drains pulled out b4 i left the hospital, i fear it bcuz the nurse said it was a 'strange' sensation, and that it is, but it is far from pain. BUT as they say what is not pain to one person, severely hurts another. let us know how it felt for you.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
i am soooooo excited for this surgery! but can u tell me if by like June 20th (my surgery is april 29) will i like be normal (no hideous scars on my nips)?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 11:32:14 AM by Blarneystoner »

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024