Author Topic: question for those who've had surgery  (Read 3007 times)

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
Hey guys, I had surgery on feb 7 and while I noticed my chest was a lot flatter 1 week post-op I know find the result worse as time goes on...  :(   ie:I'm not as large as i was pre op but it seems to have gotten larger...    
my question is this:has anyone experienced this?
And if so is it just part of the healing process??I know it can take a year but it's reasurring to hear some good news...later...jon
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
hey jonQ,

you might now want to hear my news, but it is the same as yours. I am now over a year post-op and it looks better than before, but I still don't have the results that the doc said i would. I'll be going in for a revision in the next few months.

this doesn't mean that this is going to happen to you. your body could just be doing weird things. just sit tight and see how it look in 6 months. that's usually a good place to see how it is going to turn out.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Jon...

Do you have any recent pics that you could post?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
It may just be all in your head.

When I look at my chest in the mirror now, it still looks the same post op "-" the glands under the areolas.

If I go to the computer and snap a quick present photo, and compare it to what the gyne looked like before surgery, there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE!

You may have physhological scars from suffering with your insecurity (gynecomastia) for so long. I know I do.
Comparing the pictures helps.

$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Doc Fielding told me that some guys who have successful Gyne removal, often think they still have the condition. The mind is very powerfull. It can play nasty tricks on you!

John.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 01:39:54 PM by Bambu »

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
thanx guys, tthe only problem with thinking its still there is that my     friend notices it too :(...bambu how is yours?still flat ?I had surgery with fielding too,I will try to post some pics soon...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Jon...

My right areola is puffed out a bit and the nipple is hard/erec alot of the time. I think that there is scar tissue under the areola/nipple that is causing them to protrude. If it is still a concern at my 3 month Post-Op exam, I'll ask JCF about it. Other than that, yes, still flat! ;) I have updated my pics Page. Added 3 more pics today ( April 02, 2005 ).

As the Micky Dees ads say... "  I'm lovin it!  "  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 06:49:54 AM by Bambu »

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
hey Jon Q,
I have not been posting for a while but check up on postings once a week. I had surgery the same day as you at St. Joes on Feb.2. I have been trying hard to ignore the results and be patient but its very hard to do. My right breast is flatter and I am fairly pleased with the result on that side. My left breast is not much diffferent than it was pre-op and it's not in my mind. I can't tell if its swelling or if its going to be my final result. Its been 2 months as you know and I expected results by now. I will wait untill the 3 month mark and see where it is then. I too wonder if it is common to have to wait for swelling at this point and maybe some of the veterans can answer that from there personal experiences. I do not regret having the surgery because I feel like I at least tried to turn a negative part of my life to a positive one and if necessary I will do it again to get rid of this problem for good. Bambu, I just want to say looking great man, you must be so happy to get the results that you wanted. You have been a great inspiration and I thank you for all the great info and pics. Enjoy your summer.

3timer

Offline Grandpa Bambu

3timer...

Hang in there my man! Wait it out at least to 6 months Post-Op. If you are still unsatisfied at 6 months, then ask JCF what his opinion is of your results. JCF told me that it sometimes takes up to a year for the body to fully heal ;). Are you scheduled for a 3 month Post-Op exam with JCF? You should tell him your concerns at that time.

Don't loose hope Dude. Like you say, you could always have a revision. From what I have read in the forums, revisions are performed at no additional cost to you. I may have to have a revision. I don't think that Doc Fielding got all of the gland on the right side :-/. Although, it may only be scar tissue pushing the areola/nipple out. Who knows. As I suggested to you, I'm going to wait at least six months before passing judgement. Will not consider revision until the one year Post-Op mark.

Other than the right areola/nipple situation, yeah, the chest is looking great. Yes, it's going to be an awesome Summer! :D

Don't worry, it will all work out for you!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 06:43:12 AM by Bambu »

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
bambu, the pics look great!my left side is kinda like your right side...this isn't the one i'm worried about, as it seems to be scar tissue,the right however seems to have a buildup,fluid? maybe ??it isn't hard like scar tissue...anyways later guys or if ya got more info...

3 timer...hope everything works out for us man...do you have any pics?

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
Thanks for the reply guys. I plan to be as patient as possible but its not easy. Just got to work hard now to pay for it so it doesn't occupy my mind as much as it used to. I have to fly in from Nova Scotia so I don't plan to have any check-ups unless there are problems or revisions needed. Maybe later in the year but depends on cash situation. I don't have any pics Jon Q (sorry) but I am not great with new technology and I don't feel comfortable taking the chance.(weird huh!) Watching this board since I found it last November it amazes me how many people are members and how many posts there are. Maybe were not as abnormal as we think we are in our own minds. Still won't be taking my shirt off any time soon in public, thats for sure. Better days ahead. All the best guys.

3timer

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024