Author Topic: help newbiew, what are the warning signs  (Read 3143 times)

Offline paperbag

Hi,
I'm taking Avodart for male hair loss.  I'm worried it's starting to give me gynecomastia.  I was wondering what are the early signs?  My symptoms are sensitivity of the nipples.  So far I don't have any chest pain, and no noticeable difference in size or shape.  But the feeling in my nipples is bothering me.  Wondering if anyone else here got gynecomastia from taking a hair loss drug?  Is nipple sensitivity a symptom?  Or does it have to be an actual pain-like feeling?  Can you feel anything under the nipple like a lump?  I really don't want to stop the Avodart unless I absolutely have to.
thank you for any help

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude... does loosing your hair bother you that much that you'd take drugs that potentially could lead to the development of breasts?

I'd rather be bald than have Gyne...    :-X

I think the bald look is cool. I shave my head on a regular basis...

To each his own I suppose...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Propecia has the same effect dude...

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline unleash

• Posting Member
  • I wish.....damn Gyne
Try regaine ie minoxidil..
Its safe and its been approved by the fda.
No gyne..just a slight weight increase due to water retention.
You cud see new hair in a months time...believe me.
But dont go for the foam..its too hard to apply and flakes up!!!
First start with the lower concentration of 2%...see if you have any sideeffects ...
Then go for the 5%..
Give it a try...
Possible side effects are temporary headache.. water retention..swollen ankles...
If your ankles start to swell up..better quit.
Anyway..thats upto you dude.I personally know a lotta guys who got 60% of their hair back after using regaine(Europe)or rogain(US).
C YA  8) 8) ;)
We Are What WE Do.
    Our Deeds Make The Man Within Us.

Offline paperbag

yea this is ridiculous....My post was "what are the early symptoms of gynecomastia?"  No one seemed to read that part.  No one answered it.  I'm not interested in anyone's philosophy on hairloss or how they think I should live my life.  I know a lot more about hairloss than most of you and I've already been on the things you've mentioned.  Now that we've gone through all that bs, can anyone here help answer my question?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yes, the discussion sorta went off in a different direction huh...   :-\

Sorry dude...

I would have to say the early signs are a sensitive breast area and enlargement.

GB

Offline shaqazulu

• Posting Member
yea this is ridiculous....My post was "what are the early symptoms of gynecomastia?"  No one seemed to read that part.  No one answered it.  I'm not interested in anyone's philosophy on hairloss or how they think I should live my life.  I know a lot more about hairloss than most of you and I've already been on the things you've mentioned.  Now that we've gone through all that bs, can anyone here help answer my question?

Eat me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024