Author Topic: HELP!!! new person  (Read 2114 times)

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
OK... The story

Im English and 17 and developed man boobs when i was young, prob about 11 or 12 (i cant remember seeing my chset without them).

I began to notice when a few people seemed to say a few things about them when i was about 12, and i was slightly teased and through that became very self conscious but lived.  i moved on to boarding school at the age of 13 where i managed to get on ok,I avoided most swimming PE lessons, refused to go on skins team, wore a vest etc. basically not many saw. That was more luck based though. I seemed to develop a social anxiety or heavy shyness aswell, but got to know people in the boarding house and made friends. In the summer hols i have had some bouts of wanting to lose the moobs but gave up when no results.

Im now 17 and at 6th form college, where i have failed to make many close friends due to my shyness, which i have ultimately realised is due to my shyness. Im also terrible in front of girls.

Im fairly thin, not to tall (about 6 foot) but have man boobs, recently ive tried to do running (although i have always had an active life, used to do two hours of football most days and walks).

If I lost the man boobs i think i would be happy as i like swimming, sports and even just wearing what i want without worry of moobs being seen.

Recently I have began looking on the internet and stumbled across a site about 'diet aid of questionable value' that seems to be a fraud, it looks to good to be true. and another called --.com which just seems to be for fat people with the fake amn boobs not real gyno.

I told my mum about wanting to see the doctor which i will do and although im reluctant to post pics on here im fairly sure i have gyno. the doctor will confirm it and say surgery is the only option (IMO) and i'll have to discuss it with my parents, i think they may let me and we probably have the money to do it.

i was just wondering what all the procedures are for surgery, compression vests? etc...

thanks, any comments will be appreciated.

p.s. sorry for any spelling mistakes etc i typed this in a rush.

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
Ok thanks for the comments ;D, im pretty sure I need surgery and am going to the doctor today just to make sure.

Though I have a lot of questions and if anyone can help me with them it would be a great help and much appreciated...

---Im 17 is that too young for surgery?

---Will the doctor point me to a surgeon, or do I just get told I have gyno and left to find a surgeon myself?

---How long is the waiting list normally?

---How long is the operation?

---General anasthetic or pain killers?

---Lypo/normal surgery/laser surgery?

---Are there any surgeons in England who can remove the gland?

---How do I know the surgeon will remove the gland?

---Is there a bad scar/if so where?

---Does it hurt after?

---Do you need to wear a compression vest/ if so how long for?

---Any chance it can 'grow' back after surgery?

---Any chance of something going horribly wrong during or after surgery?

---How much would a very good surgeon who im almost certain will do a good job cost?

---Can anyone recommend an English surgeon who did a good job?

any answers would be helpful, thanks.

Offline outertrial

Can we change --.com to 'total rip off site that preys on desperate peoples insecurities run by peoplen who shouldnt be able to sleep at nights' ?

Anyhow for the other points :

1. Yes and no, at 17 it may still resolve itself, it depends on how bad it is and whether you can hang on for a year or two.

2. If youre talking about NHS then the GP should refer you somewhere. Most probably an endocrinoligist. The endocrinologist may refer you  to a plastic surgeon, it all depends on where you live and your local health  authority's views towards gyne. Many people give up and go private. If youve got BUPA or something then its extremely unlikely gyne will be covered.

3. With the NHS it can be from 3 months to never. Be prepared to be proactive and patient in equal measures. Whether you use a private surgeon or one contracted by the NHS you shouldnt go with someone who isnt reasonably skilled in the procedure.

4. Could be either.

5. You should choose a surgeon willing to remove gland if there is any.

6. Never choose a lipo only surgeon. They cant remove gland if there isnt any there but they should be looking for it when they go in. Levick. Karadis and Grobelaar come up on the UK board. Levick seems to be mentioned most. I saw a Spanish surgeon in the UK and had the op in Barcelona so it was a lot cheaper.

7. There should be no doubt that the surgeon will remove the gland if they find some, dont go with someone who doesnt. You will establish this at the consultation.

8. It depends on the surgeon. The incision shouldnt be more than a few centimetres either on the edge of the nipple or somewhere else on your chest or armpit.

9. Its uncomfortable and you feel stiff.

10. About a month with the vest.

11. There is  small chance.

12. In the UK it costs about 4000GBP. I paid 2500GBP for mine in Spain.

good luck
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:27:34 PM by outertrial »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024