Author Topic: hey guys i'm new to the board and just had one question about anasthetia (sp?)  (Read 4137 times)

Offline lemmy

does anyone know of good Docs that will allow me to remain awake (local of some sort).  I've called ahead to three that said they would and once they took my 100 consult, they said  putting you under is easier for them and the patient. I'm not keen on being put to sleep and was wondering if anyone else had done their surgery this way?
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:48:43 PM by lemmy »

Offline lemmy

it was a serious question thanks anyway. i've read some on here about local anasthetic, feel free to not respond if you don't have a constructive answer for me. 

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
Sorry that I can't answer your question about docs. I live in Finland and I guess you live in somewhere else. My surgery was done in local anesthesia. I saved about 1000 euros there by not going with general anesthesia, so it was well worth it. The injection of the anesthetic hurts, but after that you don't feel any pain. Staying awake didn't feel unpleasent at all and you recover much faster from the surgery in local anesthesia.

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I had lipo & excision done in local anesthesia with sedation. No problems there. My mind was very clear through the whole operation and I was chatting with the assistant doctor while the surgeon was cutting my in pieces. :)

Offline lemmy

Gone,
could i get the doc's name?

Sorry dreamworld, but i just have a fear of going under.  Stupid i know, but i can't shake it.  I'd prefer to not let that interfere with me going ahead on the operation.

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
Gone,
could i get the doc's name?

Me and the surgeon are Finnish and the operation was done in Finland. Do you think knowing the doc would help you?

EDIT: And what exactly are you afraid of?

Offline lemmy

does anyone know of a surgeon in the SE U.S. that does local w/sedation? Preferably Atlanta.   

Offline xxxxxxxxxx

• Bronze Member
You just have to ask for local anasthetic or demand it.

As people before me said. The only annoying thing about local is the needle which hurts a bit. They insert it into your gland twist it around and injecting and do that on several areas. It can be uncomfortable.

Then they go to work.

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
if going to sleep isn't worth gyno surgery then you don't have gyno. i'd let them cut my left nut to have it a week earlier
Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
what is really local with sedation? i see its not like general, but is one asleep? or is the surgery done when awake?

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
what is really local with sedation? i see its not like general, but is one asleep? or is the surgery done when awake?

You are awake in local anesthesia. Only the surgery site has been made pain-free.

Offline xxxxxxxxxx

• Bronze Member
yes, you dont feel pain

you do feel the scappel cutting into your flesh though but no pain

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member

you do feel the scappel cutting into your flesh though but no pain

That sounds lot worse than it really is. :)

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
but my ps told me his patients are asleep with local and sedation.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024