Author Topic: Sugery Cost/Reality  (Read 2621 times)

Offline tazo

New to this group/website. I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that my gyno will need surgery. Weight loss and exercise did not help. My question now is....I keep reading/hearing many of you speak about surgery and your process through it...but how easy is it for me, a 21 yr old? Where do you guys find the money for this? Where do you guys find time off from work? I know that we all have separate/different lives but, for me, surgery just doesn't seem feasible...no support from parents (moral or financial) and no other way to find access to surgery. I guess this wasn't so much a question as a statement. Just looking for some thoughts.

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
Hi

Welcome to the forums.....

If  you dont have enough money you could start saving, borow from a friend get a bank loan.
Thats what people do.... I dont think you will have to take too much time off work. You can go back to work after a few days......From what ive hheard surgery is the best thing some people say its like a "new life".

Offline chroniq

• Posting Member
PERSONALLY I WAITED FOR MY TAX RETURN!!! PLUS I WORK AT A HOSPITAL WHERE THE DOCTOR IS AFFILIATED AND GOT A GREAT DISCOUNT FROM WHAT THE STAFF TELL ME. GOOD LUCK!!! IF YOU WANT THIS BADD ENOUGH SACRIFICES HAS TO MADE!!!!

Offline outertrial

In my  case when I had the gyne I was pretty miserable and the thought of paying out all that money for the surgery just seemed like another big problem in my life. Now the gynes gone the money doesnt seem like a problem at all because Im much happier and more confident overall.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Take out a loan dude. There's gotta be someone who will lend you the cash.

What sort of work do you do?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline lafilip

• Posting Member
I used my work bonus for the year. Some plastic surgeons offer payment plans through their offices.

Good luck.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
I reccomend saving up SOME money, maybe half and take out a loan for the rest so you pay less over time.  I'm only 19 and my parents aren't going to help me with it which is fine because I wouldn't want to make them pay for something that really has not threat to my health or anything.  If you get a well paying job, you can have the surgery in a year; sounds like a long time but it's not so bad.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024