Author Topic: my doctor trying to screw me...  (Read 2943 times)

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
i just recently underwent a series of blood tests, and then an appointment with my doctor, he then referred me to an endocrinologist saying that one of my hormone levels was out of whack and could be the cause. Saying that the hormone is the cause of my puffy nipples can stabalizing the hormone get rid of the hard tissue i feel under my nipple? my doctor also says that he doesnt think surgery is necessary i however do because i am now 19 and have had for over 5 years. would a second opinion be worth my while? thanks for the suggestions!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Your Endocrinologist will be able to tell you if by stabilizing the hormone, the hare tissue will disappear.

Is it your GP that sent you for blood tests?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
ya it was he said that he didnt think surgery was necessary, when a hormone other than estrogen was high. i dont see why he would want to hold me back from surgery...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Get a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who specializes in GRS. Don't even bother with your GP on this issue dude. You're 19, an adult. The 'choice' is yours my man!

However, go see an Endo first. There may be an underlaying problem that could cause re-growth post-op.

GB
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 05:43:21 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
ok thanks for the suggestions man, if i were to see a plastic surgeon on my own following the endo appointment wouldnt i need a letter or referal from my doctor to get a surgery done? how long does it typically take for endo results to come in? thanks a lot for your help g.b.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Do you live in Canada?

GB

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Alberta I would assume...

You can get the majority of the cost of surgery paid for by Provincial Health Care...  ;)

You do not need a GP referral to see a PS.

I am not sure on the wait time for results. I did not see an Endo prior to my surgery. Someone else might be able to tell you.

GB

Offline xxxxxxxxxx

• Bronze Member
grandpa bambu

I saw you on the video, with the bald head, you look like a tough guy.
I would swear you'd be able to crush a man's skull with one hand.
And roar load while pouding on your chest after

I would never have expected you to be such a major help on this forum with absolutely no return to you. moreover, you have your condition fixed but regardless stay here to help out and answer questions.

I think this is a rare thing in this world, lending a hand to someone, be it small or large with no benefit to you

And it is something to be commended

:D

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
i agree thanks a lot, this bullshit on my chest has to be solved asap for my big summer vacation coming up soon thanks again grandpa!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline Grandpa Bambu

thanks again grandpa!

NP dude...  ;)

If you are not aware, there is a 'Canadian' forum on this Site. Lots of info on Canadian PS' etc...

GB
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:45:49 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Hey man, get your hormone levels under controll before you get the op.  I doubt it will resolve the problem (I guess it could), but if you have high estro levels both before and after the op, you probably stand a chance of the problem returning.

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
Hey man, get your hormone levels under controll before you get the op.  I doubt it will resolve the problem (I guess it could), but if you have high estro levels both before and after the op, you probably stand a chance of the problem returning.

my doctor says my estrogen levels are fine, he said there is something else that may be causing it. But i doubt the hormone levels are of any concern.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024