Author Topic: Well, I'm back...  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
As they say, too much of a good thing is bad.  The truth is that I let my activity on this site become competition to the rest of my life.  I feel strongly that I should give back to the resource that helped me to rid myself of gyne, but not at the cost of trading one prison (gyne) for another (an addiction to a message board).  It's for that reason that I've been avoiding getting involved in the discussions here for a couple of months.  I've been reading the posts off and on though, and it seems that you guys have done alright without me anyway.   ;)

At this point, I'm not planning to leave the site, but I'll not be posting quite as much as before.  I want to contribute as much as I can, but you won't be seeing me responding to every other thread as before.  I don't know if any of you have experienced anything like this before, but when I was so involved with the site it seemed that I was even more hyperconscious of my chest than before I had the surgery.  Since I've taken a little break I've become pretty comfortable with my chest and don't think about it much except for when I'm looking in the mirror.  That's the way I want it. 

That brings me to my surgery.  My revision is a little over two months post op.  I'm very satisfied with how my recovery is going.  Most swelling is gone and I'm dealing with minor scars around the areola, but overall, I'm already feeling normal.   I'm 42 years old and now look better in the chest than the vast majority of my peers.  I feel like I'm getting a second chance at my younger years.  I've also been going to the gym and losing fat, which is also feeding my confidence and energy level.  I can say without a doubt that my two surgeries have been the best $4,400.00 I have ever spent.  This whole thing has completely turned my life around in less than a year's time.  It was July of last year when I stumbled on this site and discovered that I wasn't alone and that my condition had a name... That I could take control of what I previously though I was cursed for life with. 

In the future I'll be posting some observations I've made during this experience ...  Observations that are mine and may differ from yours, but may help people in dealing with some of their decision-making.  I'll also post some "after" pictures sometime in the future.  I was going to do that by now, but my weight loss and fitness program is going so well that I thought I would wait until I'm closer to my goal.  You're gonna die (figuratively, of course  :)) when you see the difference from the severe gyne I had before to the leaner, more normal-chested man I'm becoming. 

Anyway, I didn't mean to make such a long post, but after so long I had a lot to say.  I hope I haven't offended any of you by my absense of communication.  I just needed a break and I hope you all understand. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Welcome back Mr_Nip :)   Congrats on the surgery! I had mine done as well just over a month ago. The thing you said about being more conscious abut your chest the more time you spend on this site i totally agree with, it's the same thing for me. However i kind of feel like i owe this site, because i have gotten a lot of help and advice from here, and learned abut the surgery.  Anyways see ya around!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey Nip...

Welcome back dude!   :)

Yeah, I thought that I should also give up the boards a while back but like you said... It's an addiction for sure. Couldn't stay away for very long.   ::)

So... Congrats on the new you my man! Anxious to check out your pics.

Later...

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Thanks.
I have a two month follow-up appointment on Monday.  I think the PS will be pleased with how his work is turning out.  I've been doing my part, too, though.  The diet and fitness program are definitely improving my overall results.  I've actually been on a shopping spree the past couple of weeks buying thin and tight shirts.  ;)

People I work with are now commenting about how good I look.  Also, more people I've never met are approaching me and starting conversations.   I now regularly get smiles and "hi there"'s from women I've never met before.  That used to never happen.  It's amazing how much our appearance affects how comfortable people are with us. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's amazing how much our appearance affects how comfortable people are with us. 

Yes.... sad isn't it!  :-\

GB

Offline ingest

I think a lot is due less to the other people reacting to your gyno but reacting more to the sense of discomfort and self consciousness that the gyno suffer projects themselves. People havent seemed to notice any physical change with me post op but I notice now I meet peoples eyes when passing them, smile more etc because I am not worrying about the correct posture to minimise the chest the correct angles etc. If you are able to put people at their ease they react in a much more positive manner

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
Thanks.
I have a two month follow-up appointment on Monday.  I think the PS will be pleased with how his work is turning out.  I've been doing my part, too, though.  The diet and fitness program are definitely improving my overall results.  I've actually been on a shopping spree the past couple of weeks buying thin and tight shirts.  ;)

People I work with are now commenting about how good I look.  Also, more people I've never met are approaching me and starting conversations.   I now regularly get smiles and "hi there"'s from women I've never met before.  That used to never happen.  It's amazing how much our appearance affects how comfortable people are with us. 

MR Nip,  you sound very proud   and happy, I am glad  for you.  Buying some tight  shirts SWEEEEET!!!!!!!,   dont be  a cheap skate and go to WAKMART,   go to a good store  lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024