Author Topic: some post op questions  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
hey guys, i posted a while ago in the other section of the forum, but recieved only one response so i thought i'd move it here:

im about 4 or 5 weeks out after surgery. this was my second op, i was given glandular excision from under my areolas and lipo from near my armpits. at first my right side was way more puffed up and my left side was almost flat, even slightly inverted. my surgeon even said that the left one might be slightly inverted. he also said they removed pretty much the same amount from each side.
now the right one is flat to a point of satisfaction, but the left one is still a bit puffy. what do you guys think. he did say that if the swelling comes back, start wearing the compression bandage, so i'm doing just that. usually, i wear it at night, and when i wake up in the morning it looks good and stays that way for a few hours then by the end of the day it swells up a little again.
any thoughts?
also, i have pretty big nips, and now, after a lot of gland was taken out, they seem slightly like a deflated balloon (more so on the flatter right nipple). will the skin tighten more, and how long will it take? i'm 17 years old by the way.
i am in the process of giving up smoking weed, just to prevent the possibility of this happening again, and its going very well so far. but i've smoked many times in the last month, which i probably shouldn't have...could this have had any effect on my surgery results or am i being paranoid? how long would it take for gland to grow back, and if so, will stopping help reverse the potential damage it may have caused?

it should be noted that i have had gynecomastia for at least 5-6 years or longer, and have only been smoking a year and a half.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:10:51 PM by Blarneystoner »
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I wouldn't worry about the weed.
I'm wondering the same thing about the "deflated balloon."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024