Author Topic: 1 Month Post Op  (Read 3479 times)

Offline webb

hey all,

I'm about 1 month post op and I had my surgery with Dr. Fielding.  I only needed excision to remove the gland, and he told me that it would probably look the same afterwards for a while because of swelling and such.  Well I don't recall him saying how long this could last.. because it's been about a month and it basically still looks the same as it did before the op (puffy nipples).

Is this normal?  How long could it take before the nipples tighten up and go flat?  Should I contact Fielding or am I just being paranoid and not giving myself long enough to see the majority of the results?

Thanks

Offline Second_Timer

• Posting Member
Hey Webb,
Fielding told me not to place any judgement on the results until at least three months...

- ST

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey Webb,
Fielding told me not to place any judgement on the results until at least three months...

- ST

Ditto....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
well i'm 3 weeks post op (operated by dr.brown) and somehow.. everything had been going on fine. i took off my compression vest yesterday (as in stopped wearing it day & night as i was for the first 3 weeks) however i think the puffiness is returning on the right hand side nipple. i'm really scared, not sure what's going on. terribly paranoid, and there are bottles of painkillers sitting on my desk.. and the thought of taking them all at once has crossed my mind more than a several times..

ofcourse the whole chest area is sore.. so i'm guessing there is still swelling/bruising yet to go down.. am i correct?

oh god. please somebody help. i'm getting really paranoid now.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Oh god. please somebody help. i'm getting really paranoid now.

c3ntralp3rk....

Chill Dude!   You are only 3 weeks in. Ya gotta give your chest some more time to heal. Give it at least 3 monts, 6 months better, before you pass judgement. I understand what you are experiencing tho. I went thru a purdy bad paranoia spell myself at about the 3rd week mark.

Just hang in there my man.    ;)

John.

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
thank you so much for all your support.  i really, honestly appreciate it.  :)

it is in times like these that gyne.org really proves to me how wonderful this website is. but as Bambu as told earlier, the first month is the most difficult. and i'm hanging in, being strong.

thanks again for the support.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024