Author Topic: YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!! just had surgery  (Read 7750 times)

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
hey whats up. Iv had gynecomastia since i was 13 years old. Anyways I had been going to a gynecologist for the past 6 months and she varified that i had breast gland and not just fat there.

I just had my surgery today, and all i wanna say is DAYUM! it was soo painful. As soon as i came out of surgery i wanted to scream. It felt like i had just been hit by a car. The pain lingered for like 3 or 4 hours. it is pretty much gone now however. It only hurt when I move around too fast or straighten out my back (due to the vest).

Im 19 years old and live in Canada, Surrey, BC. I just had surgery this morning at 7am with Dr. Rai from False Creek Surgical Center. He seemed like he knew wat he was doing, however i am worried he may not have removed the gland, but only did lipo. I kept telling him that i know there is gland in my chest so lip will not suffice alone. His response was that he does lipo first and then takes a look at how flat it is and if anything else must be done...so i dont know what to say to that. I am just hoping and praying that there is no gland leftover, but we will see in a few months i guess.. FYI I will go back for a followup appointment next week, and hopefully post pics up then.

BTW my gynecomastia surgery cost me $7200...very pricey, but oh well. I borrowed some money from my parents, now just have to pay them back 4 grand so that shud be no problem.

But DAMN! the guys on this site kept saying that it was just an uneasy feeling after surgery, that it was comfortable, but just a little pain. What i say to those ppl is nooooooooooooo.. haha i sat there swearing at u guys for the first hour. The pain was just that bad. But then the medicine they gave me kicked in so it wasnt as bad, but it was still bad.

Another issue that everyone failed to mention was how, due to all the drugs they give you, you may be unable to urinate for the first 8 hours.

Also, i didnt really remember it till just now, but when i woke up, i was shivering like a muddarfacker. I asked the nurse and she said it was because of the drugs.

Anyways, for anyone who is going to do it, good for you. But i have to warm you, the pain is just awwfull. Im so surprised and astonished why no one mentioned the pain of having lipo suction. Its messed man. Anything else you want to ask just ask. If any1 has msn they can add me to it if they want, its all gravey. remybasi_6@hotmail.com.

Anyways, i will post pics later. payce
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 05:34:59 PM by remyrem6 »

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
BTW Nevermind the spelling errors. I wrote that up pretty quickly. I am not a dip and can speak english fine ahhah.

Iv been meaning to make an account on this thing for the last 6 months, but too lazy  :P

Offline 4tuneit1

• Bronze Member
I think its only Canadians who whine about the pain... :P

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks

Why did u not get more pain meds?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 08:17:44 PM by crow »
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
they said they had already gaven me a lot.

Its been 18 hours since surgery and i feel great :D. The pain is goneeeee. My chest is pretty swollen though. Now its time for the waiting game. Man i cant wait to buy new clothes 8)

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
Well i had my surgery yesterday morning (wednesday), it is now thurseday morning.

My chest is swollen :-[. I just checked the scale and i have jumped from 168 lbs to 173....whoa whoaaaa thats a big jump. Im pretty sure that all of it is fluid in my chest ???

Offline 4tuneit1

• Bronze Member
Did you ice your chest post-surgery? How much??

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
It's becaase you are Canadian and the majority of us are tough brits :) .....I would show you how tough i am but i have just had my nails done  :o ;D.

Congratulations on the surgery mate and i wish you a speedy recovery!!!  ;)

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
My chest is swollen . I just checked the scale and i have jumped from 168 lbs to 173....whoa whoaaaa thats a big jump. Im pretty sure that all of it is fluid in my chest  

That doesn't sound good, go straight to your doctor as you may have a nasty infection or blood clot.

Offline xtc4u

• Posting Member
$7200!!!  DAMN!  Ok BC Medical covers this surgery for FREE! I had mine done FREE OF COST through BC Medical!

I would recommend Dr. Charles F. T. Fenster AWESOME surgeon!  Post op no pain the dressing is kind of annoying me though coz it tight and makin it difficult to sleep but he did a very good job!!!

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
$7200!!!  DAMN!  Ok BC Medical covers this surgery for FREE! I had mine done FREE OF COST through BC Medical!

I would recommend Dr. Charles F. T. Fenster AWESOME surgeon!  Post op no pain the dressing is kind of annoying me though coz it tight and makin it difficult to sleep but he did a very good job!!!

oh man, please be joking  :-[. I talked to my doctor and also the pastic surgeon and they both said that bc medical will not cover it unless it was really a huge issue, like if you had double D breasts or something. Mine werent that bad, but i still hated them. But hey u got it done for free, thats great. must feel awesome :). how are your results? go hit up any pools yet?

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
Canadian and the majority of us are tough brits :) .....I would show you how tough i am but i have just had my nails done  :o ;D

Exactly, i was about to say the same but not on Thursdays as i have my hair permed today to look like another tough brit called Jeremey Clarkson  ;D

Congrats on the surgery, get well soon buddy.

thanks bro, appreciate the support :)

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member

That doesn't sound good, go straight to your doctor as you may have a nasty infection or blood clot.

hmmm well its only been a day since my surgery.  My chest is swollen right now, i feel like a fat ass handicap hahha. But I have my follow up appointment next week so its all good ;D

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
Did you ice your chest post-surgery? How much??

noo..no one mentioned anything about ice to me ???

Offline xtc4u

• Posting Member

oh man, please be joking  :-[. I talked to my doctor and also the pastic surgeon and they both said that bc medical will not cover it unless it was really a huge issue, like if you had double D breasts or something. Mine werent that bad, but i still hated them. But hey u got it done for free, thats great. must feel awesome :). how are your results? go hit up any pools yet?

No joke mate.  Gynecomastia is covered under BC Medical this dude ripped you good!  Hate to be the bearer of bad news!  That is complete BS they WILL cover it regardless of how big the issue.  Sounds like they were just sayin it for the money!  If your family doctor says you've got gynecomastia then its covered!  It does feel great!  Im still recovering had my surgery on May 1st.  The dressing is annoying otherwise i'm very happy with my results.  I had my drains removed yesterday.  I've only got to wear the dressing until tuesday nxt week and thats it.  Of course you can never really see the full results until a couple months from your surgery but its lookin really good so far!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024