Author Topic: Is it normal to have more swelling on one side?  (Read 2425 times)

Offline JCKey618

• Posting Member
Had surgery 10 days ago and everything looks good except my right nipple is just a TAD more puffier than my left and I'm thinking this may be because of swelling.

How long does swelling last anyway?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Disparity in size is normal.  Some women, for example, have one breast which is a full cup size larger than the  other.

There is a breastfeeding site that will give you mor information about Breasts than most of us will ever want to know.  They have a photo gallery that depicts very well the range of normal breasts ( The last 2 photos are men).

The site is at 007breast.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

Had surgery 10 days ago and everything looks good except my right nipple is just a TAD more puffier than my left and I'm thinking this may be because of swelling.

How long does swelling last anyway?

Uneven swelling after surgery can happen from many different reasons such as original problem, anatomy, surgical technique, complications, and how you heal among other factors.  Sometimes one side is just that much more difficult.

How much swelling after surgery can depend on the original problem, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, how you heal, and other factors.  Posting standardized pictures can be helpful if you want others to see what you are talking about.  However, if you are concerned about your swelling, check with your own doctor who is familiar with the specifics of your condition.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 11:43:48 AM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024