Author Topic: 1 week to go until surgery with Karidis!  (Read 2833 times)

Offline essexben

• Posting Member
Guys,

I stumbled accross this site like any other lost souls out there suffering with this and trying to find a magic cure.
It took me many weeks of research to convince myself of what I knew all along. Surgery is the only cure.
I took many people's advice and went to see Dr. Karidis and I am convinced that it was the best thing I ever did.
I booked for surgery then and there, and  I only have a week left to wait.
Mixed emotions at the moment, but really can't wait for the following:

Wearing T-shirts without feeling like the world is staring at me.
Wearing shirts that don't need to have pockets.
Looking forward to summer time.
Not constantly having to adjust my seat belt.
Swimming.

If all goes well this is going to change my life forever.

Offline thetodd

Glad to hear that mate, takes a while to get used to being gyne free its a weird barrier you have to cross

Remember to take some before and after pics everyone appreciates seeing them
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline essexben

• Posting Member
Certainly will do.
I can't believe how quick it has all happened.
I have to say that this board has been my salvation. Thank you all so much.
What are the best things about being Gyne free for other people?

Offline thetodd

Posture is one of the things to conquer. Bad posture is the worst body language you can display ultimatley making you look like a sack of spuds. Everyone i know with gyne walks with a hunch so their chest doesnt stick out and after youve had surgery youve really got to battle it and stand straight. Few people have messaged me about it and i always say the same thing watch a film and mimic their body language it will make you confident the best example ive ever seen of it is "Alfie" with Jude Law thats a perfect example of good body language. I dont mean walk around with skinny suits and do a little cockney kick as you walk but just watch how he carries himself and how other successfull people carry theirselves. Probally a lot different to your posture at the moment ..... and women love confidence!

Apart from that buying clothes is a good experience, being able to buy stuff in your size although i admit i still like wearing black cause ive got a belly on me at the moment its nice being able to wear brands i couldnt before (all saints). Not having to wear jumpers in the summer is pretty liberating

Its a quick process, so quick that youl think shit i wish i had that done sooner ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:09:58 PM by thetodd »

Offline essexben

• Posting Member
I was thinking about this just the other day.
I spend so much time hunching my shoulders forward to minimise the visual impact of gyne.
I recon I may even gain an inch in hight if I manage to let go of the old habit!

I can't wait to go clothes shopping. I really can't. Going to make sure that this is the start of my second life.
Struggling to get pics up. Have taken them, but camera isn't connecting with laptop at the moment.

Anyone else in with AK next week?

Offline 2fast2furious

• Posting Member
good luck mate, I bet you cant wait. I had my op last week with Dr. Karidis. Just make sure you have someone taking you home. If you have not told anyone I can recommend a good chauffeur who will take you from the hospital to your door at a good price. let me know,
post some pics as soon as you get the chance!

Offline essexben

• Posting Member
Dear all,

I am officially Post-Op.
I can not tell you how good it feels.

Sorry I didn't get back on until now, but things have been so hectic.

I arrived an hour early on Thurs today, which was not ideal as I had read a book all the way there to take my mind off it, but ended up thinking it all through for an hour. Went quickly though, and I was taken to my room and kitted out.
I can not tell you how friendly everyone was. Similar experience to everyone else. very friendly and very professional.

Anaestetic was kind of wierd though. I had read loads of experiences on here and couldn't believe it, but it is absolutely true.
You get injected, feel kind of drunk, then wake up a few seconds later in recovery. Amazing. Lost 2 hours of my life!!

I am 2 days post op now, and yesterday was slightly painful because before you get to take the vest off you worry sick about the wounds, and feel like they are painful. Its not the wounds, its the chest wall, and I am very bruised I have to say.

The vest is pretty uncomfortable now, its digging in under my arms.
I had 600ml of fat and 20g and 18g of tissue removed.

I have been wearing a T-shirt today over my vest and I am so flat it is untrue. Words can not describe how good it feels.

Only thing that is troubling me is that my nipples look very low to me. Hope they will rise slightly, but doubt it. Small price to pay though.
Anyone else experience low nipples? Still can't post pics yet.

Offline kingboob

Hi, congrats on then successful surgery.    I totally agree the anaesthetic is a weird experience.... it is also kinda freaky when you stop and think your life is totally in the hands of one or two doctors for that 2hrs and anything could be going on and you would have no idea!  :D

Low nipples or generally nipple issues (creasing etc) seems to be quite a common thing after gyne surgery.  I don't know why but I have seen many pictures where they look lower or different than before the op.   I can only assume the fat and gland tissue must push the nipples up higher than they should be....... or perhaps a bit of loose skin makes them droop down a bit post op?  Certainly the surgeon doesn't do anything surgically to make them go lower on the chest.

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, things take a long time to heal properly (6months) and you may well find things change quite a lot over that period of time, especially if  there is loose skin that hasn't had time to snap back yet.

Offline essexben

• Posting Member
I fully realise that I have months to go before the full results are established.
Just tried another couple of previously 'no-go' tops on and I can't stop smiling.

My message to anyone out there suffering is quite simply get the surgery done using one of the surgeons rated on here.
Don't suffer this any longer. This has controlled my life for over 15 years, and my only regret is not doing it sooner.
Happy to answer any questiones, but there really are no valid reasons not to do this.

Offline essexben

• Posting Member
Just checking in on day 4 Post-Op.

No real pain anymore, but the vest is pretty uncomfortable in this weather!
Digs is a bit under my arms, but I just keep reminding myself that I would have done anything to get a flat chest so this is a small price to pay.
That said, getting the thing off for a shower is the highlight of my day!

Chantelle said to wear if for 2 weeks before just wearing it at night or in the day.
The paperwork said 10 days, but am going to try my best to reach the two week mark.

Still very bruised, but the swelling hasn't kicked in yet. Expecting that anytime soon.
Still can't believe the results though, and this is still the best thing I have ever done.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
This is awesome  ;D Very happy that you're satisfied with your results!! Be cool if you could get some before/afters up too.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024