Author Topic: 3 weeks post op, fluid and scar tissue  (Read 4026 times)

Offline ben1134

• Posting Member
alright im almost 3 weeks post op and my doctor gave me the ok to stop wearing the vest

my nipples were both very small after i took the vest off but now appear to be getting a little bit bigger.  My doc told me this was normal due to fluid buildup.  I asked him if i needed it drained and he said only if its and extreme case otherwise i could just let it go away on its own

also my right nipple seems to have a little scar tissue underneath, my left one used to about a week ago but it seems that it has gone away. I started massaging my right side nightly with lotion as the doc prescribed and i think its starting to detiorate.

I am just wondering how long fluid and scar tissue usually takes to go away? and if fluid and scar tissue are common 3 weeks post op?
 its not a big deal i can still wear a plain white t for the most part and get away with it but for 5 grand i want the best reults possible

Thanks to everyone on here for giving my the courage to get surgery

Offline ben1134

• Posting Member
p.s. i had excision and lipo so far its a 85% improvement,
 i know i may sound impatient but after 4 years of waiting it seems the last few weeks have been the worst

Thanks again

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...i know i may sound impatient...

Yes you do.   ;D

Relax and let your body do its healing.  You've got to let several months, 4 to 6 in many cases, go by before you can even begin to see your final results.  Swelling will come and go in different places and you may see your chest and nipples change shape during the next few months because of it.  It's nothing to worry about.  You may try to wear a compression t-shirt like Underworks style 998 or something similar.  That will help keep the swelling down but looks and wears like a regular t-shirt. 

It's normal to be impatient - We've all been there.  Just enjoy the fact that you're over the worst part and improving all the while.  Congrats, by the way, on your surgery.   :)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Hi ben1134 .
didn't your PS use drains after surgery?

Tony.

Offline ben1134

• Posting Member

Tony.
[/quote]
Hi ben1134 .
didn't your PS use drains after surgery?

Tony.

no he said i would only need it if it got real bad otherwise i could just let it go away on its own

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024