Author Topic: Surgeon refusing to remove scar tissue  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Captainsparrow

• Posting Member
2 years post op from first operation, 4 months post op from my second which fixed a crater in left side and attempted to remove what was thought to be fat in my right side.

turns out it wasnt fat but a lot of scar tissue. surgeon said come back in 4 months then we'll do something about it. I came back and now he says he can't do anything about it and doesn't feel confident removing the scar tissue. 

I asked him about steroid injections but he said that wouldn't work. that's for small adhesions like in the nose and stuff like that, not for an amount as big as mine. Pretty lost at what to do. any advice? 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Would strongly suggest you seek additional opinions from one or two more surgeons, one or both of which should be an expert in gyne surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline smoothd

• Posting Member
2 years post op from first operation, 4 months post op from my second which fixed a crater in left side and attempted to remove what was thought to be fat in my right side.

turns out it wasnt fat but a lot of scar tissue. surgeon said come back in 4 months then we'll do something about it. I came back and now he says he can't do anything about it and doesn't feel confident removing the scar tissue.

I asked him about steroid injections but he said that wouldn't work. that's for small adhesions like in the nose and stuff like that, not for an amount as big as mine. Pretty lost at what to do. any advice?

Have you lost sensation in your chest? just curious 

Offline Captainsparrow

• Posting Member
No not at all. I have all sensation in my nipple/chest area

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024