Author Topic: Deep breaths 1 week after surgery cause disomfort  (Read 2585 times)

Offline teslacoil

• Posting Member
I had my surgery on the 11th and everything went well as far as i can tell so far. My only concern is when i take deep breaths, one side of my lower lung/diaphragm area hurts a bit. Is this just due to the bruising on my chest, or should I contact my doctor? I have my post op check up in 4 days, but wanted to know if this warranted sooner attention.

DrBermant

I had my surgery on the 11th and everything went well as far as i can tell so far. My only concern is when i take deep breaths, one side of my lower lung/diaphragm area hurts a bit. Is this just due to the bruising on my chest, or should I contact my doctor? I have my post op check up in 4 days, but wanted to know if this warranted sooner attention.

Deep breathing can extend healing tissues and injured nerves causing discomfort. Diaphragm discomfort can also be a symptom of pneumothorax or air between the lung and chest wall. Yes, I have seen bad gynecomastia surgery result in a collapsed lung (not yet from one of my own patients but from other doctors who were not as careful where they put their liposuction cannula). I have also seen intestine injury and almost loss of life from poor use of liposuction tools by poorly trained doctors.

If I were your surgeon I would have wanted you to call me immediately such that the situation can be evaluated. There may be no issue at all, but better doctors usually prefer to be aware of possible issues as early as possible so that treatment, if warranted, is not delayed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024