Author Topic: REVOLUTIONARY NEW, VIRTUALLY SCARLESS APPROACH TO TREATING GYNECOMASTIA!!!  (Read 7071 times)

Offline Kozmo

• Posting Member
Guys, you HAVE to read my story.  I was diagnosed over a year ago with Gynecomastia.  I had enlarged breasts and hard, painful glandular tissue.  The more I learned about my condition, the more I became disheartened with what my options were.  My greatest fear was that I would require surgery which would leave me looking like I had breast implant surgery (circular scars around my areolas).  I search far and wide for other options, but couldn’t find anything……until I spoke with my wonderful primary care physician in Columbus Ohio.  He is a very caring, smart, knowledgeable guy.  He led me towards the most wonderful options which were exactly what I was looking for.  First, I had breast reduction liposuction surgery using only three small (< 1/2 “) scars – one in each armpit and one in my bellybutton.  You can hardly notice any of them and the results are spectacular.  My pecs look like they did when I was 18!!!  (…and I’m now 40.)  Next, I had radiation treatment for my glandular tissue at the best hospital in Columbus.  Just 7 short (< 2 mins. each) sessions and one month later, the glandular tissue is completely gone.  Absolutely no lumps anywhere!!!
Now I know there will be critics to my approach, e.g. there are dangers of radiation treatment, but there are also dangers associated with incision removal of the glandular tissue.  Radiation treatment is used all the time for numerous conditions, so I’m glad I took this approach.
Now my Gynecomastia is completely resolved, with unbelievable results, and no ugly, unsightly scars.  YOU MUST LOOK INTO THIS OPTION!!!!

FYI...I am NOT promoting any particular surgeon or facility.  I just want the barbaric approaches to stop.  I'm guessing those physicians who only do the surgical removal of glandular tissues will fight this approach because it threatens their business, but I'm telling you, the best hospital and physicians in Columbus can't be wrong!!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:51:51 PM by Kozmo »

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
howcome all the way in your belly button though?

would love to see pics. did that doctor already treat many patients that similar way? thanks for sharing this info and congratz. all the best kozmo

Offline Kozmo

• Posting Member
I was surprised by the belly button too.  I indicated to the plastic surgeon that I was looking for hidden incision sites and when he said the belly button hides scars really well (I can't see the scar at all).  He told me they can easily go up through the chest cavity from the belly button and should have more than adequate access to the areas to liposuction in combination with the armpit incisions.  Again, I'm really pleased with his results.  I'm guessing that my surgeon was just really skilled, hence his ability to get good results not going through closer incision sites.  And while I'm sure it's easier through incisions around the areola, again, my guy was really good and he had previously done many other breast reduction surgeries.  I'll try to get before and after photos to post.  Don't have them at the moment, but you have to see the difference.

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
Sounds all nice and good, but if your main concern is to minimize scars then I would prefer someone like Dr. Lista's method (I'm sure there are many other doctors with such methods) rather than having any sort of radiation therapy... radiation has accumulative side effects even stemming from routine things like x-rays... I would not want any of my internals being blasted with any sort of radiation unless absolutely necessary... but that's just me... nonetheless I'm glad everything worked out for you though and that you're happy about the whole thing... best of luck bud.

Offline Kozmo

• Posting Member
Hey all, just a couple more points:  Again, I understand concerns about radiation, but I got a really low dose...enough only to destroy the glandular tissue and nothing else, but I totally understand general concerns about it.  I guess since the radiation oncologist who treated me really put my mind at ease with what dose I was receiving.  Also, he's one of the top rated radiation oncologists in Ohio, so this also helped ease my mind.  And one other point, I had to pay out-of-pocket for my lipo since insurance considered elective/cosmetic, and I think the total was around $4k.  The radiation on the other hand was completely covered by insurance, I'm guessing because I had pain associated with the "lumps".  Oh well, just wanted to share in case others felt the same way I did/do.  Thanks all, and best of luck with whatever approach you take!

Offline banditrc

Kozmo,

thank you for your post.  I am curious as to what happens to the glandular tissue after the radiation treatment?  Does it soften the tissue so that it can be removed by lipo???  Does it disappear into thin air??  Please excuse my ignorance 

I've thought about surgery for 10 years now, but I'm just afraid of the whole thing.  I'm really lean and muscular, the only thing I need to get rid of is the glandular tissue that showed up during puberty.  If there's a non-invasive process I would be very interested.  Is there any other information about this treatment floating around???  Sorry lots of questions!

Offline Kozmo

• Posting Member
banditrc:

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I've had such great success with the method I've used, I feel as if all my issues have been resolved, so haven't logged in on here much lately.

What the very low dose, targeted radiation does is basically preferentially destroy the glandular tissue, so that it is just absorbed by the body over time.  My glandular tissue was hard and lumpy (maybe the size of a quarter in each breast?), and within approx. 1 month of the 5 low-dose radiation treatments, the lumps were about 90% gone, and definitely 100% gone after two months.  It really was (at least for me) the way to go.  No breast implant scars!!!

Let me know if you have any other questions on this. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I am always looking for new methods to treat gynecomastia -- your approach, with lipo and external radiation is a new one for me.

Just for readers of this forum, I would like to offer a counter point to what has been stated.  I have spoken to a number of radiologists and radiation oncologists.  They have all been out-spoken against any radiation to the breast, which is a cancer-prone organ (yes, men do get breast cancer too!).  And they are also against using radiation for a benign condition.

I think it is important for readers to question this method -- if it worked so well, had no present or potential future side effects and was so main-stream, then why don't all doctors offer it?

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
Most of what I have read online shows it to be effect in preventing the tissue growth in certain circumstances but not after breast tissue growth has already formed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024