Author Topic: First Bra Fitting  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Lovemybreasts

• Posting Member
I've been buying and wearing sports bras to date.  Finally decided it was time to get a fitting and a real bra.  Went to a local shop and told the gal who approached me I needed a bra fitting.  She responded, For you??  I said yes, that I had gynecomastia and had come to a point where I needed more support.  Took her a minute to adjust but then happily said, I'll help you.  We went into a dressing room and I lifted my shirt so she could measure.  42 or 43b, which was what I had measured.  Unfortunately, they only had a 40b bra in stock and it was too tight around my chest and the cups were too big.  She got every measurement, listened to my needs (some padding to flatten nipples and breasts, smooth straps to avoid being too visible, as cool as possible for summer wear, etc).  She was awesome and told me she'd go to their providers and find alternatives and call me with what she finds.  I told her I really didn't want to have to do too many future fittings and really needed to find what works best for me (unless I get bigger!).  Excited to see what she finds.  She was incredibly helpful even with her initial surprise of having a man come in and ask for a fitting.  Look forward to showing off the new bra and what she comes up with.

manno1

Brilliant glad she made you feel so comfortable I dare not do it yet where was this plz 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I had been told to get fitted many times but was scared to death to get it done.  Finally I called up an upper scale store and asked if they did fittings, they said yes.  Then I asked if the fitted men and again they said yes.  So I finally asked if they would fit me and they said yes and set up an appointment for me that afternoon.  I went to the store and identified my self and the were all smiles and gave me that COME IN IN look you would get from your favorite bar.  The fitter was nice as could be and fitted me for a 38A (common as hens teeth) but was able to find some 38 band bras that had embroidered cloth instead of cup and one was black with white flowers and it looked and felt so good I wore it out of the store with the old 36B in their bag.  They have been just as helpful every time I go back.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

hammer

I had been told to get fitted many times but was scared to death to get it done.  Finally I called up an upper scale store and asked if they did fittings, they said yes.  Then I asked if the fitted men and again they said yes.  So I finally asked if they would fit me and they said yes and set up an appointment for me that afternoon.  I went to the store and identified my self and the were all smiles and gave me that COME IN IN look you would get from your favorite bar.  The fitter was nice as could be and fitted me for a 38A (common as hens teeth) but was able to find some 38 band bras that had embroidered cloth instead of cup and one was black with white flowers and it looked and felt so good I wore it out of the store with the old 36B in their bag.  They have been just as helpful every time I go back.

I think you found your go to store! I am glad that you had a good experience with this, they are very good at what they do, and it is so much better then trying to do it by yourself!

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I have yet to get an "official" fitting since the girlfriend has taken that responsibility upon herself and she does a far better job than I ever did. If I were to go in and get fitted, she would be hurt...unless I can talk her into it somehow.

Offline SideSet

Lovemybreasts, have they gotten back to you about bras they think will work for you?

Offline Lovemybreasts

• Posting Member
They have not gotten back to me.  Im a bit disappointed but have nevertheless purchased several new bras since then. Two that I bought at TJ Maxx are made by Pro-Fit and are the most comfortable bras I own.  I'll post pics shortly.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024