Author Topic: I know its bad, BEFORE PICS surgeons in South cali?? ORANGE COUNTY COMMENT PLEA  (Read 9862 times)

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
Well congratulations on getting Kaiser to pay for it. I perform a fair amount of gynecomastia surgery, and no matter what type of liposuction you do (Vaser, UAL, PAL) - there is ABSOLUTELY no way that this method alone will remove glandular tissue. I have performed both VASER lipo and PAL on gynecomastia and to get an optimal result, you still have to surgically remove the gland through an incision under the areola. Inbox me if you have any further questions. Good luck.

What if the glandular-tissue is mixed with fat? How do you guys systematically remove that? (Not a solid piece of tissue, but not pure fat either).

Kind regards,

Ryan.

Well this fat that is mixed with the gland usually doesn't all come out with lipo. You know this at the completion of the liposuction portion of the case because you can usually feel the mass of glandular tissue when you pinch the nipple / areola skin complex. Even though on the table it may appear relatively flat, you can be fooled - remember you are lying down flat and your arm is outstretched further giving the illusion that the chest has become completely flat. I have been fooled by this early on when i started doing these cases, but it is very rare that I perform liposuction alone - even if it's VASER, so more than likely you need direct gland removal.

DrBermant

What if the glandular-tissue is mixed with fat? How do you guys systematically remove that? (Not a solid piece of tissue, but not pure fat either).

Kind regards,

Ryan.

Check out the Anatomy of Gynecomastia, fingers of gland typically run along fingers of gland.  Take your time to move your cursor over the various drawings to see what I mean.

I target the gland first and prefer my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Surgery, selecting from an Artist's Pallet of surgical options that can vary from patient to patient and from one side to the other.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024