Author Topic: Update:Exactly one month Post-Op today!!  (Read 6750 times)

Offline bkkross

• Posting Member
Not happy.I know patience is the key but i was told i would be able to resume 'normal' activities after one month.....well it is painful just to walk let alone gym or swimming or anything else that is classed as 'normal' so the surgeon has got that  wrong which has now set a seed of doubt in my mind thinking what else he may have got wrong?? I still have this constant stinging pain,my chest is very numb and sensitive still and have lumps and bumps.I'm still wearing a tight gym style vest and my chest feels exposed if i don't wear it.It's all pretty tiring really.

My chest i would say is looking only slightly better now than it was pre-op, but i am putting on weight because i cannot exercise.

Let's just hope things start turning around soon,the pain going away would be a good start at least then i could forget about it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 09:24:34 AM by bkkross »

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
I have to say my chest is still numb in places and stings on one side after 8 weeks.

I still wear my compression vest at night and wear a tight vest during the day

People keep telling me it will get better and I have to say in fact it has

I know it doesn't help hearing it but in my case it has been true

hope it improves soon
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

GynO_DuDe

bkkross ... Theirs going to many ups and downs ... it will take ages to heal properly trust me, youve got to realise the amount of trauma your chest has been through.

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
so here is the NON-constructive post...... 14 weeks post op, and still painful, still stiff, and a total f***ing nightmare! My state of mind is worse than it was before the op.

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Nutrition is important.   Raw fish/seafood will help repair the nerves.   Get ye to the Oishi buffet in Siam Center and stock up!   Also eat raw fats such as coconut, durian and avocado.   Raw duck eggs with Healthy Mate raw honey.   I eat all these in Thailand, lose weight and keep healthy (also told you about them before your surgery).

I intend keeping my compression vest on for one to two months, or whatever the maximum the surgeon recommends when I go for it.   You had an above-average amount of fat removed and perhaps that tallies with pain levels.

Colloidal copper/zinc is good for nerves.   I use the Eureka formula from

http://www.alchemistsshop.co.uk/index.asp?uid=564522493408&function=SEARCH
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:44:31 AM by Trevor2522 »

GynO_DuDe

Ross, wanna hear my experience? lol, i'll tell you any way ....

After my op, I couldn't move. 2 Days later couldn't stand the dressings I was given which was meant to be removed after 2 weeks.

I REMOVED THEM ANY WAY. Oh boy, what a mistake or what a clever thing to do?

When I removed the dressings, I had developed a nasty rash! I rang up Levick he told me some people tend to have an allergic reaction to the surgical glue used on the dressings and just to apply vaseline and wear my compression vest.

My first 2 months were the hardest ever mate ... everyday changing my dressing, having a shower, generally not moving.

But the key to all this was nutrition I'd say ... eating healthy, and excercising on a standstill bicycle lightly just to work up a bit of sweat.

In month 4 I was sorted ... now its month 6 I feel completely fine.

Time is the key, the human bodys amazing, I read posts constantly on this forum to keep my hopes up and it worked ...

GynO_DuDe

Exactly ... lets be honest, even two years of recovery would still be worth it in the end then having to live with Gyne all your life!

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4467&at=0

serrapeptase may help ... read the reviews ... seems to help post-operatively ... i'm buying some today.

did the japanese raw fish help ... ?

those nurses at bumrungrad must get propositioned all the time ... at least thai nurses are not slags like the british ones.

Offline outertrial

... at least thai nurses are not slags like the british ones.

Thats right. Thai women are world famous for preserving their chastity, waiting for true love and not being in the least bit interested in how much money their boyfriends might have to spend on them.

Offline outertrial

Regarding the british/thai nurse debate,i can see the arguement for both sides so i think i will sit on the fence with that one,but i know who i'd rather wake up to and it aint no fat white arsed bitch.

Cue the mantra of the Bangkok expat who never got laid at home.

So much more willing in Nana plaza arent they. Oddly enough.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:36:18 PM by outertrial »

Offline outertrial

Eh??

I thought the debate was who are the better nurses, thais or brits?? Whilst on the subject the brit girls do it coz they're slags, the thais do it for the dough.

Same same but different......but what the heck does this have to do with my poor chest!

It'll get better - worrying about it will just make it seem worse.

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Ross, you may as well take an over-the-counter painkiller like Tramadol rather than suffer like that.   Bumrungrad hospital will prescribe you morphine or similar if necessary.   Are you taking anything now?   Much as I hate Big Pharma's toxic offerings, they are sometimes necessary when we abuse Mother Nature's gifts.   

Spirulina / Chlorella will provide your body vital vitamins and minerals to heal.   Spirulina is grown in Thailand.   I take a well-heaped teaspoon of the powdered form of each daily.

Your aversion to raw flesh is purely cultural.   If born a Japanese, you'd be lapping up that sashimi !   In 2005 I took the decision to go raw because health came first for me and it's our natural, ancestral hunter-gatherer diet.   Did cavemen have matches?   Don't wild animals eating raw foods look fabulously healthy, fit and strong?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024